VHA Home HealthCare
You’re needed. Like never before!
At VHA Home HealthCare, we care about each other as much as our clients.
Founded in 1925, VHA is a not-for-profit, charitable organization made up of over 3,000 diverse professionals – nurses, personal support workers, rehab therapists, home support workers, and more. Together we provide high quality care with great heart to vulnerable populations in the communities we serve. In every role and at every level, we lead with purpose, build bonds that matter, and we’re passionate about providing spectacular care.
We are currently seeking:
Full time Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) – Palliative Care (full-time and part-time positions for days, evenings and weekends)
This role will provide and coordinate home health nursing services in Palliative and End-of-Life Care to individuals, families and groups according to the College of Nurses of Ontario Practice Standards, the policies and procedures, best practice requirements of VHA and the Standards of Practice in Community Health Nursing.
Join our Palliative Team in the Durham area. By providing seamless care focusing on what matters most to our clients and their families, the interdisciplinary teams will enhance the quality of care of palliative clients with an emphasis on effective symptom and pain management to improve overall quality of life.
Key Skills, Experience and Behaviours Required for this Position:
- Current certificate of competency (licensure) from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BScN (RN); Practical Nursing diploma (RPN)
- Current BCLS certificate
- Membership with your professional association preferred (RNAO/RPNAO)
- Ideal candidates will have “Fundamentals of Palliative Care” (MoH). In addition they will have, CNA certification in Hospice Palliative Care Nursing OR are actively pursuing Enhanced Fundamentals and the Comprehensive Palliative Education Program (CAPCE). Preference will be given to candidates with an Undergraduate Degree in Nursing/Nursing Science
- Minimum of 2-years of experience, in the past 5-years in hospice/palliative care essential; with preference given to candidates whose palliative experience has been in a community setting
- Strong clinical practices with ability to champion evidence-based best practices – particularly in pain and symptom management and end-of-life care
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and problem-solve complex clinical situations and psycho-social circumstances in providing or managing the care of palliative clients’ across the continuum of end-of-life care
- Ability to recognize, assess and treat end-of-life care emergencies and psychosocial distress
- Able to recognize safety issues, follow safe work practices, advocate for client care and safety concerns
- Ability to practice nursing in accordance with client/family-centred care principles in establishing authentic/empathetic professional relationships with clients and families, understanding and documenting client/family preferences and goals, advocating for clients/families
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the health care team to access required services and to ensure smooth transitions
- Demonstrated ability to use knowledge-transfer techniques to support practice delegation.
- Demonstrated commitment to modelling lifelong learning and professional growth
- Valid driver’s license and use of a car on the job (required for those working in the Durham Region; may be required for those working in Scarborough area)
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
To protect the health and safety of our employees, clients and their families and in the interest to follow strong public health measures, it is a requirement of employment at VHA Home Healthcare to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A fully vaccinated person means you have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, at least 14 days prior to your start date and you will need to provide proof by submitting a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose Administration Receipts or government vaccination passport. VHA Home HealthCare will consider cases needing accommodation as stipulated by the Ontario Human Rights Code. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.
How to Apply
Our online application should take about 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
VHA Home HealthCare is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know in advance.
Thank you to everyone who applies. We will review applications as they are received. We’ll only be contacting those selected for further discussion.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.