Canadian Red Cross
Location: Remote/Virtual (Canada)
Type of Contract: Temporary (4 months) Full time
Salary range: $42 656 / year – $62 206 / year
An iconic brand and one of the most inspirational nonprofit organization on this planet – The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), is seeking a Roster Coordinator to join our Workforce Readiness team.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
The Roster Coordinator is responsible for the administration of the Workforce Readiness roster to support a wide range of operations across Canada, including but not limited to COVID-19 testing sites, vaccination sites, outbreak crisis management, support to long-term care (LTC) facilities, contact tracing, all hazards and more in collaboration with the Workforce Readiness Lead.
As a Roster Coordinator, you will:
- Provide administrative support to a variety of rosters and monitor a workforce of employees, volunteers, delegates, and reservists.
- Update and maintain the Workforce Readiness Roster to ensure deployments of personnel to emergency operations based on expertise, availability, competencies, languages, etc. while ensuring accuracy and reliability of data.
- Ensure newly recruited roster members are fully onboarded, confirming clearance of criminal records check, vulnerable sector checks and completion of learning pathways.
- Facilitate effective data management and provide insight into the workforce to support operational planning.
- Assist in the development of engagement strategies by creating operational content through newsletters, webinars, and updates on operational operations.
- Work collaboratively within a matrix environment and cross functional teams, by maintaining proper communication with internal and external stakeholders and appropriately responding to queries.
- Develop roster administration systems and processes and participate in disaster planning, preparation, and response, as required.
What we are looking for:
- 3 years of experience in an administrative and/or scheduling role.
- HR administrator experience and/or experience in maintaining/coordinating a pool of personnel for temporary placements considered a strong asset.
- Experience in using and maintaining HR information systems through an Applicant Tracking System and/or database such as Taleo (Oracle), Smartsheets is an asset, with an ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong written and oral skills in English (French an asset).
- Computer literacy and competency of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities in a fast paced, matrix environment.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, collaboration, planning and organizational skills.
- Previous Red Cross experience, a strong asset.
- Role performed remotely in a home office environment
- May require moderate to long hours sitting in front of a screen
- May require working non-traditional hours on short notice, including weekdays and weekends, especially during times of emergency response
- Ability to work in stressful and often ambiguous conditions
- Successfully complete a Canadian criminal record reference check and vulnerable sector check.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.