The Role: Roving Project Manager- MCGL
Save the Children is recruiting for Roving Project Manager role that will work closely with the SC Momentum Project Lead to provide support for specific components of the MOMENTUM Country and Global Leadership project in Sierra Leone (Save the Children’s component). The postholder will primarily be responsible for oversight of the adolescent health strategy across the project, providing direct support to district health coordinators and serve in the capacity as Project Director as needed. The postholder will work closely with the SCI Project Lead and global level technical advisors to ensure that all deliverables are met.
The MOMENTUM Country Global Leadership (MCGL) is a global project funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID) to provide targeted Reproductive, Maternal, New-born, Child, and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) technical and capacity development assistance (TCDA) to countries to facilitate countries’ journeys to self-reliance. MCGL also aims to contribute to global technical leadership and learning, and USAID’s policy dialogue for achievement of global RMNCAH goals through support to globally endorsed RMNCAH initiatives, strategies, frameworks, guidelines, and action plans. In Sierra Leone, Save the Children is the operational lead for MCGL in Sierra Leone, working closely with the Prime, Jhpiego, and other partners to support government efforts to increase community trust in the capacity of the health system to safely meet essential needs.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Under graduate degree in project management, community development, public health or related field. Clinical experience is preferred
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in program management on donor-funded projects/activities
- Strong skills in building a team, training, and on the job mentoring.
- At least 1-2 years working with District Health Management Team officials
- Strong computer skills (i.e. Word Excel, Outlook).
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a demanding workload comprised of diverse and challenging tasks and responsibilities
- Strong oral and written skills. Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic reports that document program directions and results
- Strong interpersonal skills with managing field teams
- Proven experience implementing a project or activity against a work plan to ensure on time and quality delivery of program interventions.
- Demonstrated relationships with district and national stakeholders in and outside the government
- Experience working in urban and rural settings
- 1-2 year experience working on a USAID-funded project
CONTRACT LENGTH: 11 Months
CLOSING DATE: 03rd February, 2023
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document including details of your salary expectations for this role.
Candidates should apply through the links that will be provided by Careers.sl.
Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their application
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4yNDMzOC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20