Annapolis Royal Nova Scotia
Searidge Foundation is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse who will manage and work with a diverse population, playing a critical role in assisting patients to achieve recovery. We are open to considering both highly experienced and well qualified candidates, as well as individuals who are relatively new to the field. If you are looking for meaningful fulfilling work where you can make a real difference in a person’s life and prospects this job is for you.
Who we are
Searidge is a medical-psychological residential addiction treatment centre located in Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia. We are a not-for-profit foundation providing a high degree of care and comfort, but doing so at a reasonable cost. We structure ourselves to create a relaxed, warm, healing environment which offers evidence-based healing and treatment for addiction and concurrent mental health problems. Our website is www.searidge.org.
Nurses Tasks at Searidge Foundation
– Complete medical intake forms on a client’s arrival.
– Assess clients need for detoxification on arrival and co-ordinate with Doctor.
– Create and manage Medical Administration Records for clients.
– Deliver medication as prescribed.
– Maintain medical records for clients (i.e. nursing notes, care-plans, medial backgrounds)
– Arrange for clients to receive blood work as necessary.
– Maintain medication inventories.
– Co-ordinate medication pick-ups with pharmacy.
– Refer clients to appropriate medical care when necessary.
Experience attributes and qualifications which we will consider
· Being an understanding and healing individual sympathetic to people in crisis.
· Being passionate and creative about helping people.
· Experience with detoxification for alcohol or drug withdrawal or work in the field of rehabilitation.
· Ability to work independently.
· Being teamwork oriented and conducive to working in collaboration with other staff.
· Having an empathetic and nonjudgmental attitude.
Supporting Professional Training
Searidge highly encourages staff to follow advances in the field of addiction treatment and to continue to develop and improve their knowledge of the field. We offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
Weekdays, occasionally weekends
By Email: to Ms. Catherine Cosgrove. You are welcome to include your CV or resume.
By Phone: You can call 1-888-777-9972 and ask for Catherine Cosgrove.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
· Casual dress
· Discounted food
· Flexible schedule
· On-site parking
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32.00-$37.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
All patients and staff are vaccinated.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Annapolis Royal, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- DCS / DEC (preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) License (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.