Cornell University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty and staff of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply.
Salesforce Administrator (Remote)
About the College
Information Technology at Cornell provides technology services to support and enable the academic and research activities of the university, and develops innovative and sustainable solutions that differentiate the university from its peers.
Information technology (IT) is a strategic enabler for many functions at Cornell. Staff working in IT are found in most colleges and units university-wide. We are comprised of many organizations, but we work as one. By being where Cornell faculty, staff, and students are, we are able to offer services—whether needed at your desktop or to solve major business, academic, or research objectives—to everyone at Cornell.
About the Department
The university’s central IT organization is comprised of Cornell Information Technologies (CIT) and the Office of the CIO. They collaborate with the IT Service Groups (ITSGs) and a variety of partners and stakeholders to manage the IT infrastructure and provide university-wide services to the Cornell community. Cornell Information Technologies (CIT) is responsible for supporting the business infrastructure, informational software, and video, data, and telecommunications services at Cornell.
The Salesforce Administrator will be a part of a team to help design, develop, and deploy innovative CRM (constituent relationship management) solutions to support areas such as academic advising, student engagement, corporate engagement, mass communications and marketing. Cornell IT is a leader in implementing enterprise technology to support the university’s mission and Salesforce is a key component of our business enablement strategy. Training will be provided to become an expert in Salesforce and enterprise technology implementations.
This position works directly with a team that is responsible for designing, developing, administering, and implementing secure, scalable solutions on the Salesforce Platform. This position will also work with developers, admins and product owners within the broader technology team and aligning with standard methodologies. This position will take responsibility for administering and implementing changes to the current CRM platform, Salesforce. The position will also play a key role in projects and operations, data cleansing, writing technical and support documentation, quality assurance testing, creating reports and dashboards, and periodic system health checks to keep the CRM platforms operation at peak efficiency and deliver on end-users needs. Staying abreast on the Salesforce roadmap and capabilities and providing feedback to develop standard methodologies is an important part of the position responsibilities. This role will contribute to the support and development of critical solutions in Salesforce and downstream systems that interact with Salesforce.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology/computer science or related field; OR, three (3) years of CRM experience; OR, equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Minimum of intermediate level of technical understanding and experience working with the Salesforce platform and its capabilities
- Solid knowledge of SQL, SOQL, SOSL, database design concepts and understanding of relational databases.
- Understanding of Salesforce security, permissions, profiles, etc.
- Experience creating Salesforce reports and dashboards (Einstein Analytics/Tableau CRM experience a plus).
- Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and common objects such as Lead, Contact, Account, Opportunity, Product (with Pricebook and Contract), Campaign, Case, and Activities.
- Data imports/exports, and data loader experience.
- Data management including duplication avoidance, validations, data security, data quality and conversions experience.
- Experience in integrating 3rd party systems with Salesforce including AppExchange products (e.g. Form Assembly, Zoom, Appointment Scheduling tools).
- Experience with software lifecycle methodologies and operational support best practices.
- Demonstrated aptitude to analyze business requirements and turn them into functional Salesforce solutions.
- Aptitude for identifying and solving user interface and customer experience challenges.
- Experience with Experience Cloud (Communities) is a plus.
- Experience with software architecture is a plus.
Additional skills essential to success:
- Aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Adept with changing priorities, ability to multi-task, remain calm under pressure, and handle urgent interruptions with high level of professionalism and a positive attitude
- Proactive contributor with an eagerness to learn.
- Aptitude to learn and follow software development lifecycle methodologies and operational support best practices.
- Understanding of database design concepts and relational database structures.
- Aptitude to design and execute unit and user acceptance test plans.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to analyze and resolve difficult problems quickly.
- Aptitude to work effectively on multiple projects, meet deadlines, proactively communicate status updates, and interact with customers and stakeholders.
- Aptitude to work with highly collaborative teams and project management methodologies.
- Participation in knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Employees are expected to meet all of the Cornell University Staff Skills for Success, which are essential for individual and organizational success.
No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
- Certified Salesforce Administrator
- Certified Salesforce Developer
- Salesforce Lightning
- Salesforce Einstein experience desirable
- Project coordination experience
- Experience with higher ed data and business processes
- Business analysis experience
Rewards and Benefits
- This position is located in Ithaca, New York. The position will allow for the flexibility to work remotely at a location of employee’s choosing within the United States. The New York Convenience of employer guidelines require New York State individual tax reporting and withholdings for this position. Additional individual state income tax filings may also be required if working temporarily outside New York State.
- Cornell receives national recognition as an award-winning workplace for our health, wellbeing, sustainability, and diversity initiatives.
- Our benefits programs include comprehensive health care options, generous retirement contributions, access to wellness programs, and employee discounts with local and national retail brands. We invite you to follow this link to get more information about our benefits: https://hr.cornell.edu/benefits-pay .
- Follow this link to learn more about the Total Rewards of Working at Cornell: https://hr.cornell.edu/jobs/your-total-rewards .
- Our leave provisions include three weeks of vacation and 13 holidays: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the day after, and an end of the year winter break from December 25-January 1.
- Cornell’s impressive educational benefits include tuition-free Extramural Study and Employee Degree Program, tuition aid for external education, and Cornell Children’s Tuition Assistance Program.
As part of the university’s comprehensive vaccination program , all Cornell employees are required to have and provide proof of an FDA-or WHO-authorized or approved COVID-19 primary vaccination or have obtained a university-approved disability/medical or religious exemption, regardless of their role and work location.
University Job Title:
Prog Analyst III
Pay Rate Type:
$77,704.00 – $90,304.00
Remote Option Availability:
Number of Openings:
Job Titles and Pay Ranges:
Noted pay ranges reflect the potential pay opportunity for each job profile. The hiring rate of pay for the successful candidate will be determined considering the following criteria:
Prior relevant work or industry experience
Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position
Unique applicable skills
Academic Discipline (faculty pay ranges reflects 9-month annual salary)
To learn more about Cornell’s non-union staff job titles and pay ranges, see Career Navigator .
The hiring rate of pay for the successful candidate will be determined in accordance with the rates in the respective collective bargaining agreement. To learn more about Cornell’s union wages, see Union Pay Rates .
If you currently work at Cornell University, please exit this website and log in to Workday using your Net ID and password. Select the Career icon on your Home dashboard to view jobs at Cornell.
Online Submission Guidelines:
Most positions at Cornell will require you to apply online and submit both a resume/CV and cover letter. You can upload documents either by “dragging and dropping” them into the dropbox or by using the “upload” icon on the application page. For more detailed instructions on how to apply to a job at Cornell, visit How We Hire on the HR website.
For general questions about the position or the application process, please contact the Recruiter listed in the job posting or email [email protected] .
If you require an accommodation for a disability in order to complete an employment application or to participate in the recruiting process, you are encouraged to contact Cornell University’s Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX at voice (607) 255-2242, or email at [email protected] .
Applicants that do not have internet access are encouraged to visit your local library, or local Department of Labor. You may also visit the office of Workforce Recruitment and Retention Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. to use a dedicated workstation to complete an online application.
Notice to Applicants:
Please read the required Notice to Applicants statement by clicking here . This notice contains important information about applying for a position at Cornell as well as some of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University’s heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. We also recognize a lawful preference in employment practices for Native Americans living on or near Indian reservations. Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose, and contribute creative ideas to further the university’s mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.