United Nations Children's Fund
The main purpose of this internship is to support the UNICEF Sanitation and Hygiene Team in capturing, documenting, and disseminating events and initiatives from the implementation of Climate Resilient Sanitation Coalition workplan and the UNICEF Sanitation Game Plan. This will further support the ongoing efforts of enhancing the capacity of UNICEF WASH staff and sector partners on accelerating the progress on climate resilient and safely managed sanitation.
The main duties and responsibilities include:
- Support the development and share monthly progress on the implementation of Climate Resilient Sanitation Coalition’s workplan including taking minutes of the Coalition’s meetings and maintaining a database of contact list of partners.
- Conduct desk review to identify countries with climate resilient sanitation incorporated in their national policies, Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) and National Adaptation Plans (NAPs).
- Support in the organization of climate resilient sanitation meetings, workshops, webinars and events. This could include logistic preparation, technical inputs in the presentation, taking photographs, capturing key points, and preparing reports.
- Support in the development of advocacy package for climate resilient sanitation as part of the global efforts on increasing the voice of the sanitation sector in the global climate discussion and increasing the presence of climate in the sanitation sector.
- Develop and maintain a visually appealing and informative country dashboard that provides a real-time or periodic overview of the progress in implementing the UNICEF’s Game Plan. The dashboard should include key performance indicators (KPIs), data visualizations, and narrative descriptions to help HQ easily track and understand the Game Plan’s impact.
- Support production of short videos (2-3 minutes) that showcase the Game Plan’s impact, including interviews with key stakeholders, success stories, and visual representations of policy (and other) shifts.
- Support documentation of country experiences in the implementation of the UNICEF’s Sanitation Game Plan which should capture detailed record of any significant policy shifts or changes that have occurred as a result of the Sanitation Game Plan.
- Support organization of events meetings, workshops, and conferences related to the Sanitation Game Plan. This could include logistic preparation, technical inputs in the presentation, taking photographs, capturing keypoints, and preparing reports.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Education field required:
- University undergraduate specializing in Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Climate change, Social Sciences, or another related field, or recent graduates with specialized skills in the above areas of education.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a must. Proficiency in other UN working languages (French, Spanish) is an added advantage
- Letter of verification from the college or university that the intern is currently enrolled in an undergraduate school and has completed at least two years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of an undergraduate degree (if the candidate is 18 years old, this replaces the two-year bachelor’s completion requirement); or, Graduate Degree Program (i.e., Master’s, PhD). It should also state the expected graduation date. Recent graduates are allowed until 2 years after degree completion.
- Copy of their most recent official transcript showing excellent academic performance
- Copy of Identification Card (ID)
- One letter of signed recommendation on letterhead or from professional email address
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Anti-Harassment CounselWorld Bank GroupNew Delhi, IndiaNew Delhi, India
Technical Officer, Demand and Behavioural SciencesWHO - World Health OrganizationLibrevilleLibreville
International Consultancy – Faecal Sludge Management ConsultantUNICEF - United Nations Children’s FundFreetownFreetown
Consultant as Event SpecialistWorld Resources InstituteJakarta, IndonesiaJakarta, Indonesia