University of Washington
Sanitize animal research procedure labs and support spaces according to departmental SOPs and in accordance with the regulations and guidelines of Animal Welfare Act and Public Health Service. Stock feed, bedding, and laboratory supplies, including personnel protective equipment. Contribute to the quality animal care program that supports the research and teaching at Washington University.
This position may require work on weekends and holidays.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct and document general cleaning and housekeeping of support spaces, and unoccupied holding rooms, including washing walls, floors, equipment, air vents, sinks, doors, door frames, in accordance with departmental SOPs and in accordance with guidelines and regulations of the Animal Welfare Act and the Public Health Service.
- Observe and support good health and safety practices regarding the use of chemicals and heavy equipment, such as floor machines, pallet jacks, and motorized equipment handling large heavy equipment. Report promptly any equipment problems to supervisor or manager.
- Receive, process, label, and rotate shipments of animal feed, beddings, and other supplies.
- Transport animal cages, water bottles, and feed and bedding supplies within the animal facilities.
- Fill clean animal cages with proper amount of bedding and fill clean water bottles.
- Perform additional duties as required by supervisor/manager/department.
The individual must be able to lift 50 lbs. and pass a physical exam.
- After training, ability to properly operate a variety of cleaning, sanitizing and material handling equipment, including floor scrubbers and pallet jacks.
- Conscientious attitude and concern for quality.
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Must obtain Purina certification within six months.
$15.25 – $19.31 / Hourly
The salary range reflects base salaries paid for positions in a given job grade across the University. Individual rates within the range will be determined by factors including one’s qualifications and performance, equity with others in the department, market rates for positions within the same grade and department budget.
If you are unable to use our online application system and would like an accommodation, please email [email protected] or call the dedicated accommodation inquiry number at 314-935-1149 and leave a voicemail with the nature of your request.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. The screenings will include criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, an employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees. Benefits eligibility is subject to employment status, full-time equivalent (FTE) workload, and weekly standard hours. Please visit our website at https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/ to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and especially encourages applications by those from underrepresented groups. It is the University’s policy to provide equal opportunity and access to persons in all job titles without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Washington University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.
When you are ready to apply, creating an account only takes a minute. Your account creates a candidate home page which we will use to communicate with you and allows you to apply for jobs and view your application statuses. The first page of the application offers two “Quick Apply” options. Quick Apply allows you to either use a previous application or create a new application using a resume to populate the work experience and education sections of your job application. If using a resume to populate your application, check to ensure the application fields populated accurately. You may skip the “Quick Apply” page by clicking “Next” at the bottom of the page. Documents may be uploaded in the My Experience section of the application. You also have the option to apply with a LinkedIn feature, which allows you to apply by using your LinkedIn profile to populate some of the job application fields.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.