IRC (International Rescue Committee)
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC established programs in Iraq in 2003 to address the overwhelming needs of displaced people in Iraq and the neighboring countries. Since re-establishing its presence in Iraq in November 2007, the IRC has been assisting thousands of internally displaced families in the northern, central, and southern governorates in the sectors of protection, gender-based violence (GBV), education, economic recovery, Child Protection, and emergency humanitarian assistance. Working in coordination with the humanitarian community in Iraq, the IRC’s assistance and emergency programs address the needs of war-affected Iraqi internally displaced persons (IDPs) and Syrian refugees from several operational bases in the country and include both camp-based and urban-based assistance. IRC operates throughout Iraq, with the main office in Erbil and field offices in, Baghdad, SAD, Anbar, and Mosul.
Beyond the important goal of meeting immediate urgent needs of young children, Ahlan Simsim focuses on scaling to support the systems that govern provision of ECD services to ensure they reach children with high quality programming.
Scaling can occur in several ways—from deliberate replication to organic diffusion to integration into national systems—that expand and deepen impact leading to lasting improvements in people’s lives
The Scaling Specialist will facilitate and support all work processes as they relate to the core components of scaling within the Early Childhood Development (ECD) team in Iraq. The main goals of the Scaling Specialist will be:
- Support Ahlan Simsim scaling design, planning, and implementation for Iraq
- Ensure proper relationship building and management with key stakeholders and partners
- Representing IRC in external meetings with ECD stakeholders and relevant ministries
Support Ahlan Simsim scaling design, planning, and implementation
- Support the evidence-based scaling efforts with ministries on a country level from planning through adaptation to scale.
- As required, provide technical (scaling and partnerships) support to partners including ministries
- Ensure the documentation of key meetings and workshops to be filed within the ECD folders
- Cultivate a shift in mindset towards system thinking and scaling within the team and with partners.
- Ensure the rollout and implementation of all tools that aim to track, assess, and document scaling by coordinating with IRC team and partners including ministries for realizing a learning and adaptation strategy.
- Support on regular operational plan meetings to ensure alignment and progress on scaling activities.
- Coordinate with the RMEL team to develop a continuous capacity building plan for the scaling partners to ensure the adaptation of their existing monitoring systems.
- Facilitate context analysis tools on a country and governorate level as needed including but not limited to desk review, stakeholder analysis, social network analysis, structured interviews.
Ensure proper relationship building and management with key stakeholders and partners:
- Cultivate and manage relationships with key local stakeholders in close coordination with the ECD Senior Scaling Partnership, and Advocacy Manager.
- Ensure proper flow of information between the IRC and partners including ministries.
- Work closely with ECD Coordinator and ECD Senior Scaling Partnership, and Advocacy Manager in supporting the development of strategic partnerships with local partners and local authorities to facilitate effective adoption and implementation of an integrated ECD activities.
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, in particular partners, Institutions of local authorities interested in ECD, and other relevant actors in coordination with the ECD Senior Scaling Partnership, and Advocacy Manager.
- Coordinate with Institutions of local authorities interested in ECD to ensure that the scaling pathways are solid and running smoothly as agreed.
- Identify ECD champions within different organizations and ministries and work closely with them on all the aspects of scaling.
- Support in identifying ECD champions within different partner organizations and work closely with them on all the aspects of scaling.
- support the implementation of the advocacy plans, by participating in different coordination groups, workshops, and conferences.
Partners Support & Development, and Representation
- Maintain open and professional relations with the Ahlan Simsim team, supporting a strong team spirit
- Support regular information sharing regarding challenges and needs at the field level.
- Represent IRC in internal and external forums as needed.
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, in particular partners, Institutions of local authorities interested in ECD, and other relevant actors in coordination with the ECD Senior Scaling, Partnership, and Advocacy Manager.
- Participate and co-lead on meetings with partners.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: ECD Senior Scaling, Partnership, and Advocacy Manager
Position directly supervises: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Ahlan Simsim Team, other IRC programs and support departments
External: Partner NGOs, and relevant Ministries
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, international development, or other relevant related field.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience humanitarian and/or development fields in Iraq from which a minimum of 2 years at a managerial level.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Solid demonstrated experience with planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong written and oral communication in Arabic and English skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Proven experience in representation and liaison with external parties.
- Demonstrated track record in working with teams, showing high performance in a multi-cultural environment, demonstrating flexibility, and ability to handle pressure;
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well
- Excellent Computer skills: MS Word, Excel.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Per the Iraqi Ministry of Health COVID-19 guidelines, IRC requires candidates who are selected for positions to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter IRC premises. However, the exemption is only accepted per the Iraqi Health regulation and upon the provision of a negative PCR test.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy, and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to [email protected].
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية وان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة .
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى [email protected]
How To Apply
Please click on the below link:
The closing date is: February 18, 2023
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.