Little City Foundation
The ChildBridge Center for Education at Little City is seeking a BCBA for their High Intensity program.
The primary function of the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) is to plan, develop, monitor, train, review and amend comprehensive behavior support programs to meets the needs of students diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and/or other intellectual disabilities who attend the ChildBridge Center for Education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The list of essential duties and responsibilities, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks to be performed. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
1. Fully assesses the individuals on the assigned caseload annually (IEP), conduct functional behavioral assessments, recommend function-indicated and reinforcement-based interventions for challenging behaviors/skill acquisition, and develop written behavior strategies based upon the individual needs.
2. Supervises the implementation of the behavior strategies in the school including skill acquisition goals, behaviors to increase, and behavioral reduction by training paraprofessionals, teachers, related services, group home management and family (if applicable) to ensure that they apply the interventions properly, understand the specific services and outcomes for the individual, and know the procedures for reporting progress.
3. Collaborates with group home Behavior Therapists, Home Managers, and Case Managers in ensuring consistency on skill-acquisition and behavior plans.
4. Provide direct instruction, training, and support to students and staff at regular intervals during the school day.
5. Provide coaching and professional development to staff on skill-acquisition and behavior interventions and supports through the principles of applied behavior analysis (ABA).
6. Work hands-on in classroom environments and throughout school utilizing CPI and Ukeru as necessary and modeling appropriate implantation of the behavior plan and effective crisis management.
7. Proactively identifies program youth behavioral trends and provides behavioral-based recommendations in adjusting interventions and implementation strategies as needed to address trends, including coordinating team members in strategy change discussions.
8. Monitors progress on at least a monthly basis and more frequently if needed to address issues with the individuals progress toward skill-acquisition and behavioral goals and objectives.
9. Demonstrate ability to work effectively as part of a clinical team along with special education teachers, paraprofessionals, related services, and administrative staff.
10. Effectively manage a caseload, including preparing and submitting all required documentation in a timely manner.
11. Provide BCBA minutes per their IEP and document services. If requested, BCBA will need to provide parents or districted a minute log and data on goals. Additionally, BCBAs will report progress on IEP behavior goals five times annually.
12. Provides agency wide trainings on ABA and related behavioral concepts during each New Employee Orientation (NEO) and as requested. Monitor and provide support for staff in use of applied behavior analysis (ABA) strategies and procedures.
13. Write behavior intervention plans in collaboration with the IEP team. Conduct functional behavior assessments of and recommend function-indicated and reinforcement-based interventions for challenging behavior emitted by children with autism spectrum disorder and other related diagnoses and identifications as part of the re-evaluation process or whenever clinically indicated.
14. Monitor the efficacy of behavior intervention plans through procedural fidelity.
15. Effectively communicate and collaborative with educational teams, school administrators, students, and parents to identify goals, plan and implement research- and/or evidenced-based practices in the delivery of assessment, instruction, and behavioral principles
16. Share research, effective instructional practices, and emerging trends that can be applied in classroom settings
17. Supervise Lead Paraprofessionals, Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs), and interns in behavior analysis programs.
18. Collaborate with families in the development of behavior support strategies.
19. Participate in program and classroom meetings as appropriate, including but not limited to, clinical meetings, monthly business meetings, IEP meetings, and committee meetings.
20. Maintain American Heart Association certification in First Aid and CPR.
21. Successfully complete Little City Foundation required training, re-training, and any additional training as required by Little City Foundation policies and practices, or as assigned by his or her immediate supervisor.
22. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Principal, Assistant Principal, or Clinical Coordinator
Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) credential is required, Masters Degree in Behavior Analysis and Therapy required OR current certification or ability to meet certification requirements for a Level 2 Behavior Therapist by the Department of Human Services within two months of hire (Bachelor’s degree in a human service field and 1,500 hours of coursework, training and/or supervised professional experience in the application of behavior analysis). Experience in the assessment and treatment of challenging behavior and skill deficits related to autism spectrum disorder, severe behavior disorder, and intellectual disabilities is required. Strong analytical skills are necessary. Experience working in a school or private therapeutic school is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $73,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.