EPFL, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs more than 6,000 people supporting the three main missions of the institutions: education, research and innovation. The EPFL campus offers an exceptional working environment at the heart of a community of more than 16,000 people, including over 12,000 students and 4,000 researchers from more than 120 different countries.
Your mission :
The aim of the EPFL Blue Brain Project (BBP), a Swiss brain research initiative founded and directed by Professor Henry Markram, is to establish simulation neuroscience as a complementary approach alongside experimental, theoretical and clinical neuroscience to understanding the brain, by building the world’s first biologically detailed digital reconstructions and simulations of the mouse brain.
We are looking for a Scientific Outreach SpecialistW/M to support the Outreach manager in promoting and popularizing scientific concepts and BBP study results to a non specialist public.
Main duties and responsibilities include :
- Work with BBP teams to gather scientific information and make it accessible to the lay public.
- Increase scientists’ awareness of the need to popularize their results
- Provide scientific input to Outreach manager and Communications manager, to promote and popularize scientific concepts and BBP study results, both inside and outside BBP
- Contribute to the implementation of outreach and scientific communication activities, including virtual outreach
- Participate in outreach events, their organization and logistics management
Your profile :
- Scientific background with strong communication skills and interest in scientific outreach.
- A team-player.
- Very good command of English. Other languages are a plus.
We offer :
- A world-recognized leader in simulation-based research in neuroscience
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, international and collaborative working environment committed to benefitting the global community
- A modern working environment, based at the Biotech Campus in Geneva Sécheron
Start date :
as soon as possible
Term of employment :
Work rate :
1 year, renewable
Only candidates who applied through EPFL website or our partner Jobup’s website will be considered. Files sent by agencies without a mandate will not be taken into account.
Job Nb 2787
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.