University of East Anglia, Norwich
UEA CATERING SERVICES
SPORT AND COMMERCIAL SERVICES
Salary up to £22,923 per annum (this includes a market value supplement)
Do you have a passion for catering whilst benefitting from weekends and evenings off on a rota basis?
UEA Catering Services (https://www.uea.ac.uk/uea-life/campus-life/eat-and-drink) is seeking an enthusiastic, creative and experienced Section Chef (CDP equivalent) to join our large and busy kitchens. You will be hands on and enjoy cooking new and exciting on-trend food for our multicultural students and staff. You will be a crucial team player within the day-to-day operation of our kitchen, ensuring that service prepped and cooked on time. You’ll also enjoy cooking new and exciting on-trend food for our multicultural students and staff.
Is this role for me?
You will be a hands-on chef with an enjoyment of a busy service in the heart of a bustling campus. Prepping our rotating-daily changing menu will be a challenge that you’ll relish, and you’ll be a key player within our team of chefs to make sure that the UEA is well fed through brunch, lunch and dinner! A love for good food is always a given, and with this job, you’ll enjoy a number of (unusual for our trade) perks that come with employment at the UEA.
What are the benefits of working for UEA?
In this role you will benefit from:
- No split shifts and working later hours on very limited occasions only
- Weekend shifts on a rota basis
- 34 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays and University Customary days over Christmas and Easter periods
- Occupational sick pay
- Family and Work-life balance policies including hybrid working and considerable maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption leave.
- Generous pension scheme with life cover for dependents, plus incapacity cover.
- Health and Wellbeing: discounted access to sportspark facilities, relaxation rooms, 320 acres of rolling parkland, wellbeing walks, medical centre, Occupational Health and a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
- Campus Facilities: sportspark, library, nursery, supermarket, post office, bars and catering outlets.
- Exclusive shopping discounts to help cut the cost of household bills, childcare salary sacrifice scheme, Cycle to Work scheme and public transport discounts.
- Personal Development: unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning courses, specialist advice and training from our Organisational Development and Professional Learning Team.
An NVQ level 2/3 in a catering discipline or equivalent qualification or equivalent experience is vital. If you meet all the essential requirements of the person specification, it would be great to hear from you!
The interview may include a trade test for you to show off your culinary skills.
This post is available immediately on a full-time, indefinite basis.
Closing Date: 21 April 2023
The University is committed to diversifying its workforce. As examples, we already hold an Athena SWAN Silver Institutional Award in recognition of our advancement towards gender equality. We also have a Vice-Chancellor led Taskforce on Tackling Racism and a Race Equality Charter Working Group which support our work on race equality. Our aim is to submit to the Race Equality Charter in 2024.
Guidance… (.pdf) (2220kb) ,
GG593_-_… (.pdf) (2085kb)
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.