Are you looking for a place to grow your career and your family?
Orion Chartered Professional Accountants is looking for a Senior accountant to join our public practice in Brooks, Alberta.
Our community focused and family-oriented accounting firm is looking for an Accountant to grow with the firm, with a potential to join the partnership. We feel Brooks offers a great balance between small town and city while being close to major centers. Our firm is a great place to call home if you want to ensure you can have an excellent work/life balance.
– Must be a designated CPA
– Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in a public practice accounting firm with 2 years post CPA
– Experience with servicing small to mid-size clients
– Experience in providing advice, tax planning, estate planning and other consulting work for small business corporations and clients
– Desire to join the community and develop professionally within the community
– Strong communication skills
– Experience with Caseware, Jazzit, Profile, Sage and Quickbooks an asset
– Preparation of financial statements and tax returns in accordance with firm standards for a variety of small and mid-size businesses and non-profit enterprises. Largely compilation engagements with a small number of assurance engagements.
– Effective communication, both written and verbal, with our clients, government agencies and internal team members
– Preparing personal and corporate tax returns
– Providing advice and training to junior staff members
– Ability to function efficiently under pressure to meet deadlines
– Posses a strong desire to learn and is a self-starter
– Attendance in the office is expected but occasionally working from home or remotely is permitted if required.
Remuneration and benefits
– Remuneration based on experience
– Opportunities for advancement within a short time frame
– Friday afternoons off from Mid June- Mid September
– Overtime pay
– Flexible hours (including paid sick and flex days)
– Hands on mentorship
– Annual professional development and coverage of annual dues
– Group health, dental, life and disability benefits
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $26.00-$37.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brooks, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- The job requires that you have a Canadian CPA designation. Do you have a Canadian CPA designation?
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.