UPP (Un Ponte Per)
Un Ponte Per (UPP) is an NGO established in 1991. It has started its activities as “Un ponte per Baghdad”, right after the end of the war in Iraq, with the aim of organizing solidarity initiatives in favor of the Iraqi civil society. Later on, the intervention of Un Ponte Per started including Serbia and other Middle Eastern and Mediterranean countries. The NGO mission is to prevent new conflicts, protect human rights and support civil society, especially in the Middle East, through humanitarian and development programs, always supporting the local civil society. UPP is active in Iraq since 1991 and is regularly registered at National and Kurdistan Region levels.
The project aims to improve the living conditions and dignity of vulnerable communities in the governorate of Nineveh by supporting health management through:
- Increasing the capacity to prevent and manage diseases related to sexual and reproductive health, maternal and child health and non-communicable diseases;
- Provision of quality primary and secondary health services;
- Strengthening of WASH infrastructure and its management in conflict-affected health facilities;
- Strengthening the technical capacity of local health personnel.
UPP is seeking experienced and passionate Senior Admin Officer, who will work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and Country Admin, to support the management of the administration of the projects; including the supervision of the registration and monitoring of project expenses, preparation of cashbooks, financial reports, procurements, inventory, assist in human resources including contracts, timesheets and other monitoring tools.
- Overall financial administrative management of the project;
- Preparation and classification of all the financial and administrative documents necessary for the correct implementation of the project, according to UPP and donor procedures.
- Insert all expenses in the cashbook, translating the invoices whenever needed.
- Supervise the registration of projects expenses according to UPP administrative regulations.
- Financial follow up of project (Bank and Cash reconciliation);
- Monitor and control project’s expenditures: Purchase Request follow up and/or preparation, Purchase orders follow up and/or preparation.
- Respect the weekly and monthly deadlines at the best of the possibilities, collaborate with country and HQ Financial department to implement and develop internal spot-checks control.
- Support the Project Manager by preparing forecast of needed funds whenever needed and required.
- Ensure financial, administrative and HR follow up of the project.
- Assist in human resources management, mainly help in preparation and documentation of contracts and its attachments; timesheets approval and verification.
- Ensure the timely and safe payment of salaries, health insurance and taxes.
- Follow all the required procurement procedures
- Participate in meetings as requested by the Project Manager
- Participate in the ACE meetings
- Prepare internal and external audits according to UPP and donor’s requirements
- Other tasks as requested by the Country Admin.
- Relevant University Degree and/or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 3-years experience in working with NGOs/UN agencies.
- Previous administration experience
- Experience in donor funded project accountancy
- Experience in grant management (financial component) of contracts to partners
- Outstanding motivational skills and ability to enthuse teams and partners
- Attention to detail and preciseness
- Experience in preparing budgets, cash flows and financial plans
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Accountancy literate
- Self-reliant and able to work independently.
- Literacy in Microsoft Office Programs.
- Personal integrity and credibility
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Reporting skills
Excellent communication skills verbal and written Kurdish, Arabic and English.
How to apply:
Qualified Candidates should submit Cover Letters with their resumes attached electronically to [email protected] with indicating the position they are applying for in the subject of the email.
Email subject must read SLM-Ebl22-3102
- Email without vacancy title will not be considered. Email after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Please name the files attached to your application as follow: Name_Surname_CV, Name_Surname_CL
- UPP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. UPP considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- Due to the urgency of the position, applications will be screened on a rolling basis. Therefore, UPP reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required qualifications before the mentioned deadline.
- UPP upholds all the minimum standards in terms of Ethical Conduct and strives to increase its standards over the minimum. Zero tolerance is reserved to Sexual Abuse and Exploitation and to Child Abuse, Violence, Harm, Injury and Negligence, as well as to Anti-Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism. By applying, the candidate assures that s/he has never breached any standards of SEA, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism and that s/he won’t in the future. For the protection of beneficiaries, communities and partners, UPP, through the HR Manager and/or the Executive Director, will conduct extensive reference check and profound vetting on shortlisted candidates, also further to the contacts indicated by the candidate. Candidates are alerted that the required background checks might compromise their privacy. Shortlisted candidates shall promptly provide an up-to-date criminal background check.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.