Inter-American Development Bank
The IDB Group is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
About this position:
We are looking for an experienced, proactive and team-player professional who will coordinate and carry-out a range of support activities within the Legal Department which contribute to an effective office workflow and organization.
You will work in the Front Office part of the Legal department. Our Legal Department advises Management, the Board of Executive Directors, and the Board of Governors on all legal matters relating to IDB Invest. As part of its functions, the Legal Department provides a full range of legal support to Non-Sovereign Guaranteed (NSG) operations throughout the entire transaction cycle, including origination, portfolio management, and workouts, as well as the development of new products. We also provide legal advice on all institutional and financial matters for IDB Invest, including governance, financial management, institutional integrity, and administration of human resources.
What you’ll do:
The Administrative Assistant will support and serve as a point of reference for administrative functions and process improvements, as well as research, translations, office facilities, event management, information technology systems, and travel.
Specific position responsibilities include:
- Complete day-to-day administrative and support functions and coordinate general office administration, ensuring proper logistics, prioritization of support activities and resources, in alignment with IDB Invest policies and practices, to standardize and contribute to an effective office workflow.
- Coordinate logistics for internal and external meetings, seminars, trainings, and special events, provides administrative support during such events and monitors the execution of assigned budget.
- Support the design and implementation of departmental initiatives related to process improvements, change management, technology enhancement, internal communications, enhancement to the administrative function in GCL, including knowledge management initiatives, SharePoint Portal Management and departmental newsletters.
- Provide guidance to team members and more junior staff on the appropriate interpretation of administrative policies and procedures, including application of leaves and time entry procedures, policies, and systems.
- Provide support in relation to travel management, including tasks such as creating travel authorizations and reimbursements of expenses, preparation of non-objection emails and mission travel announcements
- Collaborate with the internal on-boarding and off-boarding process for staff and consultants within the Department.
- Support the Resource Planning & Administration Officer in budget monitoring, expenses, and contracts, while conducting routine budget and financial transactions such as expense statements, reimbursements, petty cash, preparation of purchase orders, as well as process vouchers and p-card payments.
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Organize, classify, and register electronic and physical files and records of project related and institutional documents for the department in accordance with the IDB Invest Records Management Directive and Access to Information Policy.
- Research information, collect data, gather input to independently prepare documents, create presentations, graphs, spreadsheets, and generate reports, in a periodic basis and/or upon request.
- Assist with communications such as transcribing, formatting, proofreading, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics for reports and other documentation.
- Identify and recommend process improvement opportunities in the administrative area to improve the efficiency of team support and undertake actions to enhance service delivery.
What you’ll need:
- Education: Bachelor’s in business administration or related fields.
- Experience: You have at least 4+ years of relevant professional experience as administrative of legal operations.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish relationships with stakeholders, including senior management, staff, internal and external partners.
- Results-oriented personality with proven problem-solving skills, learn continuously. Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Analytical skills with the ability to prepare business reports and explain data and main findings is desirable.
- Knowledge of SharePoint and experience in the use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) such as SAP or PeopleSoft Financials is desirable.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English, spoken and written, is required. Additional knowledge of French and Portuguese is a plus.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Planning Consultant (Trial Planning and Logistics)Scantec PersonnelOxfordOxford
Quereinsteiger als Call-Center-Agent (m/w/d) im Bereich EnergieCho-TimeKrefeld, Nordrhein-WestfalenKrefeld, Nordrhein-Westfalen
SERVICES OF CIVIL CONSTRUCTION AND WATER ENGINEERING FIRMSAnywhereAnywhere
Climate Smart Innovation and Incentive Fund Manager for Kosovo Adapt ActivityTetra TechPristina, KosovoPristina, Kosovo