Position: Senior Program Associate, Trade and Enterprise
The International Executive Service Corps (IESC) is a leading U.S. nonprofit organization that fosters private sector development in the economically developing world. Since 1964, we have delivered lasting solutions that have resulted in more than 1.5 million jobs in 137 countries. We partner with businesses, cooperatives, entrepreneurs, jobseekers, and governments to sustainably build capacity, create jobs, and grow enterprises, sharing proven skills and experience that improve the lives of individuals, families, and communities around the world. Our major funders today are the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), among others.
IESC is currently recruiting for Senior Program Associate to support a USDA funded project in the Trade and Enterprise Practice Area. The Senior Program Associate will support IESC’s implementation of one to two projects, related to trade facilitation, sanitary and phyto-sanitary regulations, and climate smart agriculture in Latin America. Other project(s) will include efforts on international market-linkages and trade association capacity strengthening. The Senior Program Associate will also support new business efforts. The Senior Program Associate provides project implementation, administrative, financial, and logistical support to a project field team and requires some travel. The position is full-time (40 hours per week) and will be based in the Washington, DC headquarters of IESC. The tasks below represent the minimum required duties and responsibilities for this role, as well as other tasks, as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Review, edit, draft project scopes of work, reports, and deliverables.
- Provide day-to-day administrative, logistical, and financial support to overseas project teams.
- Manage and monitor project budgets, providing project teams timely, monthly financial spending analysis. Review and reconcile financial expense reports and field financial requests.
- Review monthly invoices to ensure accurate general ledger recording and cost allocation. Manage project documentation including reports, financials, and contact information and maintain files in SharePoint working closely with IESC finance and administrative team members. Review and process invoices, including for consultant and vendor expenses.
- Contribute to IESC operational practices in data quality, documentation, and organizational priorities, communications, and reporting as requested.
- Assist with startup and closeout activities for projects, which may include international travel to project offices and provide training on administrative and financial practices and processes.
- Update and manage the recording of project property in IESC database systems.
- Update and manage project promotional information including project fact sheets and success stories and contribute to other project-specific communication materials.
- Provide timely information on IESC projects, project activities, and project countries for IESC and related websites.
- Attend informative events related to the subject matter or region of a project to network and learn information that could be valuable to project activities.
- Generate and present practice area Technical Bytes on topical areas.
- Provide training to project staff as necessary and assist in training new project staff.
- Coordinate review and revision of project manuals on annual schedule.
- Support new business development including coordinating bidding team efforts, developing cost proposals, budget narratives, past performance and capabilities, personnel descriptions, or other tasks as needed; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 to 5 years of related work experience. Masters in related field a plus.
- Experience with USAID or other development projects and/or donors, USAID contract rules and regulations experience preferred.
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, thorough, and well organized with the ability to prioritize among competing requests.
- Effective written and oral communication skills and cross-cultural competency skills to support Home Office and Field Office staff as well as volunteers.
- Experience with financial management, including budgeting and forecasting strongly preferred.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Suites, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Advance experience with Excel specific to bis required
- Fluency in English and Spanish required.
Applicants must have U.S. citizenship or an authorization to work in the U.S. IESC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply
To apply, click here.