University Hospital Southampton
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Inpatient ward rounds of respiratory and general medical patients
- Speciality outpatient clinics
- Practical Procedures (bronchoscopy, diagnostic and therapeutic aspirations as well as Seldinger chest drains)
- Contribution to the out of hours on call medical specialist registrar rota
This 12 month fixed-term full time post is to help provide comprehensive care for inpatient respiratory and general medicine at the level of a Specialist Registrar (post MRCP, ST3 or higher). This will involve inpatient ward rounds, outpatient clinics including some subspecialist clinics, attendance at bronchoscopy lists as well as COPD/ILD/Cancer multidisciplinary team meetings. The appointee will also be expected to see respiratory referrals on other medical/surgical wards.
What we’re looking for
- Hard working, enthusiastic, engaged clinical fellow with a keen interest in Respiratory Medicine
- Fully competent to perform all pleural procedures – diagnostic and therapeutic pleural aspirations and Seldinger chest drains (Level 1 pleural ultrasound accreditation desirable but not essential)
Appointment will be made under local contractual terms and conditions of service for Trust appointed (non-training fellow doctors and dentists).
Successful candidates will have an educational framework equivalent to training grade doctors, and there will be a named educational supervisor assigned at the start of the post. The opportunity for Continued Professional Development (CPD) is highly supported and encouraged by the Trust, with options available to take study leave. All licensed doctors must meet the GMC requirements for revalidation and there will be an annual appraisal to support this process.
Grades for Trust appointed (non-training) fellows will be paid a basic salary at a nodal pay point linked to the grade, at the rate set out in the National Medical and Dental pay circular. Basic salary detailed below plus any additional remuneration (as applicable) for hours set out in the doctors work schedule (e.g. additional hours, weekend allowance, and any hours which attract enhanced pay)
Basic Salary – MT04 £51,017 Basic Salary – MT05 £58,398
Salary will be assessed based on experience and skills. Eligibility criteria for appointment to a Nodal Point 5;
- Have a minimum of 6 years of Specialty training
- Hold relevant higher specialty exam (e.g FRCP, FRCA, FRCS)
- A portfolio of evidence that demonstrates they meet the criteria for progression (in line with the Curriculum for the speciality similar to deanery trainee)
Travelling expenses will not be paid for attending interview
Please note that GMC registration (with a licence to practice) and right to work in the UK are essential for this role. Successful applicants will already have GMC registration or will be able to demonstrate they are eligible. Applicants requiring Tier 2 sponsorship should ensure they meet the Home Office application criteria prior to submitting an application.
Interviews will be held on Monday, 6th March 2023
Job Reference: MT0888 – This vacancy closes on or before: 10th February 2023
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.