Kansas State University Foundation
As a Certified Great Place to Work, organizational culture and employee engagement is important to us. We strive to harness your talents and build upon your strengths. We offer resources for professional growth so team members can find their purpose, a path to grow, ways to add value and thrive. Work alongside passionate, caring and talented people who trust and challenge one another in our intentional pursuit to be the best.
How to know if your career transfers into fundraising:
- Goal oriented (metrics driven)
- A natural ability to get things done #GoGetter
We are searching for individuals with direct experience in fundraising! Be a part of mission-driven work that changes the lives of people around the world. Find passion in your work and create a bigger impact beyond yourself.
As an experienced fundraiser, you will travel and conduct face-to-face visits with K-State alumni and University supporters. This position helps connect these individuals back to the University in a philanthropic way that is meaningful to them, while making an everlasting impact at Kansas State University. This position is responsible for the qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift prospects.
We are conducting a national search for top talent to join our fundraising teams supporting:
- College of Arts & Sciences
** In our pursuit of being the best development shop and acquiring top talent, position title and salary will be commensurate with experience.
Roles who have found success in this position:
- Senior Development Officer
- Senior Advancement Officer
- Major Gifts Officer
- Senior Major Gifts Officer
- Executive Development Officer
- Assistant Director of Development
- Assistant Director of Advancement
- Director of Development
- Director of Major Gifts
- Director of Advancement
A day in the life of a fundraiser could look like:
- Make qualification calls/visits, cultivate, solicit, and provide recognition and steward appropriately major gifts for the College and University, with an emphasis on gifts of $50,000
- Develop and implement strategy for each prospect.
- Utilizing a variety of foundation resources, provide regular progress reports on prospect cultivation and solicitation. Complete and file reports of all contacts/proposals in a timely manner.
- Utilize both current and planned gift opportunities to best meet donors’ needs, philanthropic interests, and financial capabilities.
- Meet with development and Foundation colleagues, university partners including Alumni Association and Athletics as appropriate to discuss major donor prospects, strategy, and solicitation.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years professional transferrable experience in positions that were metrics focused, required measurable output and relationship building
- Prior fundraising experience with an emphasis on building a portfolio of donors and closing major gifts
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with a diverse client base
- Experience calling, conducting face-to-face appointments, managing relationships, creating and presenting proposals, and other fundamental elements of client/donor relationship or sales-related activities
- Demonstrated communications and interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on engaged listening, and success working in a team setting
- A valid motor vehicle operator’s license with an acceptable driving record
What we want:
- Ability to prioritize and organize complex projects and plans to deliver results
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on projects
- Solid understanding of development techniques and systems based on past performance
- Passion and enthusiasm for the university, the mission of the foundation and assigned unit
- Driven and hard working
- Significant travel required
- Manhattan, Kansas (relocation assistance available)
Commitment to Inclusion and Belonging:
The Foundation is committed to providing opportunities for all employees to succeed by creating an environment that is inclusive and draws upon the strength of the diverse backgrounds and personal experiences of our team.
Employees cultivate a supportive, welcoming, inclusive, and equitable work environment that allows everyone to feel connected to the organization’s mission and contribute to their full potential.
Why work at Kansas State University Foundation?
- A strengths-based, engagement-focused and performance-oriented culture
- A work environment that embraces flexibility inside of a framework
- Mission-driven work that changes the lives of people around the world
- Competitive benefits package including health, dental, company paid life insurance, and a variety of voluntary benefits
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% company contribution
- Company paid HSA contributions
- Paid leave including vacation, sick, personal and volunteer
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Paid holidays
- Tuition and certification assistance
- Paid, ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Access to extensive online library of technical and soft skill courses through LinkedIn Learning
- $300 annual wellness program reimbursement
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Adoption assistance program
- An onsite 24/7 access fitness center
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.