RSK Biocensus, an award winning CIEEM company who a part of the RSK
Group, is recruiting a tenacious and
passionate Senior Consultant Ecologist to join their growing
UK ecology team. This role is a 1-year fixed term contract with full time
This role will be a home based, desk ecologist position, but you can also work
from one of our nationwide offices if you prefer.
As a Senior Consultant Ecologist at RSK Biocensus you can
expect to get involved with the delivery of elements of field surveys, assessment, tender and
report writing and project management.
- A Senior Consultant (desk based) is responsible for carrying out high-level QA2 technical
approval for protected species survey data, prior to submission to client.
- You will undertake all work with an appropriate level of care and attention, compliant with
RSK procedures and within given budgets and timescales. You will demonstrate very good
communication skills with team members and peers.
- You will be self-motivated, exhibiting a proactive approach, developing client
relationships to ensure tender opportunities come into the business. You will build on your
knowledge and practical skills, through shadowing, networking, personal endeavour and training.
- Developing your professional knowledge and skills; maintaining a personal CPD record and an
up to date professional CV.
- Actively using the PDR process to set objectives for the year ahead that develop your
skills and competencies in line with the team’s needs and your interests and aptitude.
- Acting at all times with professional integrity, and exercising sound professional judgment
within (and recognising the limits of) your competence.
- Managing your workload, giving priority to the tasks that need to be completed first.
- Displaying a commitment to the work that is produced, promoting RSK in a positive light to
clients and competitors, and building client relationships through this.
- Working in compliance with our SHEQ Management System, and demonstrating safe working
practices that safeguard staff and the environment.
- 1st Degree in relevant discipline
- Relevant experience since graduation
- Species specific personal licences are desirable
- Associate membership with CIEEM
- Abide by CIEEM’s Code of Professional Conduct
Salary and benefits
- £31,000 – £42,000
- Life assurance
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, health cash
plan and discounted gym membership
#Ecology #Consultancy #environmentaljobs #rskfamily
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
RSK will not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies other than RSK PSL or Secondary
As a market-leading ecological consultancy, our mission is to help clients identify and manage
the ecological risks affecting their operations or projects by providing pragmatic, expert
advice. We have the UK’s largest ecology skills network and are constantly on the lookout for
ecologists with varying levels of experience across all the ecological disciplines. We are also
on the hunt for employees to provide a range of administrative and support services that keep
the company wheels turning!
Whether it is working on large infrastructure developments, such as rail schemes and wind
farms, or surveying for bats, badgers, and birds, our work is diverse and interesting, and
always includes a range of exciting projects across the UK and beyond.
RSK Biocensus is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering, and
technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of
sectors. RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment
Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental
services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.” Today, RSK Group consists
of over 120 businesses and employs over 7,000 specialists. The group is headquartered in the
United Kingdom and has an established presence in more than 40 countries around the world.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngojobstenders.net) you saw this internship posting.