University of Michigan
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your application materials as one document on the University of Michigan Careers at the U site. Cover letters are welcomed, but not required.
If you have questions, please reach out to [email protected] . In the subject line, please type in the Job Opening ID for which you are applying.
You will be responsible for logistical arrangements, and the planning and execution of University and Development Events (UDE) most complex and large-scale institution-wide ceremonial, development and presidential events. You will provide leadership and expertise in event logistics while receiving direction from the Associate Director, Event Logistics, and will partner with internal and external (event) colleagues, leadership and vendors to produce impactful events in a complex, but fun, work environment.
Reports to: Associate Director, Event Logistics, University and Development Events, Office of University Development
**This position is eligible for hybrid work. Depending on campus-wide plans for the future, you may be remote or hybrid. Work arrangements are reviewed annually and throughout the course of employment. This role will need to be within commutable distance to campus.**
Click here to review the full job descrption.
Why Work at Michigan?
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
Event Logistics Planning:
- Plan, manage, and execute logistics for UDE’s most complex and large-scale University-wide development, ceremonial, and presidential events and initiative-based events for the Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (such as multi-day events, tailgates, dinners, and large ceremonies).
- Oversee and execute facility selection, contract negotiations, food and beverage selections, audio/visual service, transportation, decor, entertainment including how DEI is considered in decisions.
- Complete planning and staffing for events in members’ homes.
- Manage on-site staff and vendors during events.
Reports and Diagramming:
- Create venue diagrams and maps to support event logistics.
- Prepare budget projections/estimates and reconcile final vendor payments relative to this position’s assigned responsibilities per event.
Collaborative Communication and Teamwork:
- Participate in planning meetings; provide updates to planning calendars and department project management system, teamwork.com.
- Share information with design colleagues for creating printed materials (ie., invitations, programs, signage), event webpages, and registration forms.
- A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- 4+ years demonstrated professional event experience
- Collaborative and team approach to work.
- Time and project management.
- Experience providing exceptional customer service.
- Proofreading ability and written and oral communications skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software.
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace.
Although the Posting End Date may indicate otherwise, this job may be filled and closed anytime after a posting duration of seven calendar days.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including one booster when eligible , are required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working remotely and temporary workers. More information on this new policy is available on the U-M Health Response website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.