European Investment Bank
The Strategic Planning and Analysis – Financial Planning (“SPA-FP”) Unit is, amongst others, in charge of the planning and controlling activities of the European Investment Fund (“EIF”), setting financial targets and metrics, producing financial projections, monitoring the associated performance analysis and delivering management reporting with the following primary responsibilities:
Defining EIF financial plan and financial targets in line with EIF’s overall strategy;
Coordinating the production of the overall EIF business plan and in line with EIB Group’s operational planning process;
Monitoring and reporting on the EIF financial performance to monitor the execution of the corporate financial strategy and advise on its future developments;
Managing the relation with EIF’s rating agencies, leveraging on the team’s broad view of the EIF current and future activities and results.
Within this framework, you will assume responsibility for the main core activities of the Unit as summarized under (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) above as well as ensuring the coordination of various projects, processes, policies, strategies and associated financial planning activities. As such, the role also entails a high degree of interactions and communication with other EIF services.
You will report to the Head of the Financial Planning Unit, who in turn reports to the Head of the Strategic Planning and Analysis (SP&A) Division, and will work under the supervision and guidance of senior members of the team.
At a level commensurate with your experience and seniority, you will:
- Collaborate in the preparation and drafting of the EIF Business Plan (EIF Corporate Operational Plan (“COP”)), including: producing the forecasts and representing, when required, the SPA-FP team on meetings, reviewing documents and assumptions within the team and the Fund; and ensuring the timely gathering and accuracy of financial information necessary for the financial planning exercise;
- Ensure coherence between the COP and medium term strategic objectives;
- Create and assure proper follow-up of a monthly variance analysis and forecasting process
- Create and monitor EIF liquidity planning and contribute to EIF Treasury and Liquidity strategy. Perform and provide the necessary treasury and/or liquidity analysis and represent the team in treasury and/or liquidity committees.
- Provide ongoing financial analysis on EIF performance including developing current key performance indicators and trend analysis;
- Analyse data and glean findings for key management decisions;
- Prepare and issue monthly, quarterly and annual management reports;
- Provide analysis and other ad hoc financial information to senior management or other stakeholders as, and when, required.
- University qualification at postgraduate level in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or similar.
- Additional professional or academic qualifications (i.e. ACCA, CFA, Ph.D.) would be considered an asset;
- At least three (3) years of post-graduation (after having obtained your initial university diploma) relevant professional experience at the same level of responsibility in Financial Planning or Controlling;
- Strong skills in quantitative modelling, projection and financial analysis methodologies as well as accounting are required;
- Excellent knowledge of Advanced Microsoft Excel is required;
- Solid knowledge of PowerBI, Alteryx and Tableau platforms;
- Excellent knowledge of English, both oral and written, with strong drafting skills. Knowledge of other EU languages would be considered an asset.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Floor Team Member (18+)Stonegate GroupAshtead, SurreyAshtead, Surrey
Child Participation and Partnership OfficerSave the ChildrenPhilippinesPhilippines
Hiring a consultant(firm/CSO) to conduct a stakeholder Mapping and Needs AssessUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
Assistant de projet/gestion Administratif et Financier (AUDIT) – H/FCIVIPOLFranceFrance