We are delighted to be offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior Forestry Consultant to join
the consultancy team at Maydencroft Limited The position has the option to be based from any
one of our offices in Hitchin (Hertfordshire), Letchworth (Hertfordshire), Dorney (Berkshire)
and Barnard Castle (County Durham), with the potential for remote working.
We are a close-knit group of ecological, arboricultural, landscape and forestry consultants working as an integral part of a larger organisation which includes arborists, foresters, estate managers, grounds and landscape operatives and farmers.
We are currently looking to appoint an ambitious professional who can deliver unparalleled forestry expertise and services to our existing high-profile clients within the commercial, public, private, utility and charity sectors, and to lead on the growth and development of the company to ever greater heights. At Maydencroft Limited we greatly value professional integrity, a dedicated yet flexible work ethic, and impeccable standards of quality.
- Managing an existing portfolio of clients and woodlands, and working with the Head Forester on
making strategic decisions about which to retain;
- Undertaking woodland assessments and producing FC approved Woodland Management Plans;
- Production of UKFS-compliant Woodland Creation Design Plans;
- Managing grant applications including EWCO and Countryside Stewardship;
- Contribute to Ancient Woodland Restoration Assessments and Reports;
Working on a variety of projects with the broader consultancy team, including contribution to
technical reports, Landscape Management Plans and BNG assessments;
- Manage and develop a subcontractor network, utilising our supplier evaluation procedure.
- Supporting our consultancy division to complete any other relevant documentation as required for
organisations such as Forestry Commission, Rural Payments Agency, Environment Agency, Natural
England, Woodland Trust.
- Supporting, and leading where necessary, the delivery of other land management projects.
- Potential for future line management of Forestry Consultants and Assistant/Graduate Forestry
Consultants, which will include mentoring and undertaking Personal Development Reviews (PDRs) for
the people you manage, including responding to their training requirements.
- Extensive previous forestry experience gained from a similar role
- The ability to manage projects and contracts.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- The ability to use initiative.
- Love of the outdoors and the environment.
- Excellent all-round knowledge of trees, woodlands and habitats;
- Understanding of current woodland policy and grant schemes;
- Excellent IT and Administration skills, including use of GIS.
- Knowledge of Industry standards and all relevant legislation.
- Experienced in writing WMPs and producing grant funding applications;
- The ability to develop relationships with clients.
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience in managing sub-contractors
- Ability to write clear, concise and professional reports
- Previous line management experience
This is a full time, Monday-Friday position, Annually increasing holiday entitlement, use of company vehicles, company benefit package, option for remote working and full IT equipment provided. Excellent opportunities for career development and progression including personalised development plans.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobstenders.net) you saw this internship posting.