SumOfUs is looking for a Senior Fundraising Campaigner with experience in digital fundraising to help us grow our income and win campaigns against corporate power.
If you love raising money online to fight for global economic justice, enjoy writing and are hungry to experiment and innovate to change the world, then this is the role for you.
This role reports to the Head of Fundraising and sits at the intersection of campaigning and fundraising. The person in this role will be responsible for developing and executing compelling digital (primarily email) campaigns that inspire and center members, while raising funds to power the work we do. SumOfUs is member funded, meaning we do not accept money from corporations or governments. We rely mostly on individual contributions to fund our work.
This position is full time and remote. It can be undertaken by anyone living between GMT -6 hours (Central Americas) and GMT +2 hours (Western Europe / East Africa).
A bit about us
SumOfUs is a global movement of consumers, investors, and workers standing together to hold corporations accountable for their actions and forge a new and sustainable path for our global economy. We are a movement of more than 20 million people, brought together by a global team of 40+ campaigners, fundraisers, engineers and operations staff. Our purpose is to challenge corporate power everywhere. We hold the biggest corporations in the world (and their political allies) to account by mobilizing millions of people to take collective action
We are aiming to fundamentally reshape the global economy to put people and planet over profit, but we know we can not do it alone. We build partnerships with on-the-ground activists and organizers, and we follow their lead. We innovate, experiment and embrace professional and organizational growth. We invest in people and we invest in how we work, because our vision calls on us to build the most effective, global, diverse, and talented team possible.
We highly value a diverse team and an equitable work environment where every member of our team is set up to thrive. We have taken steps to nurture this environment including an Anti-Oppression Leadership Team that leads work to transform injustice within the organization and in our campaigning work. We expect all team members to take responsibility for co-creating an equitable work community where everyone is able to do impactful, world-changing work. We offer benefits including additional sick days for parents and caregivers, flexible working hours, and professional development stipends. We review our policies and practices for equity frequently. We encourage people identifying with marginalized communities to apply.
What you will do as part of our team
- Identify and develop impact-focused fundraisers that excite SumOfUs members;
- Write, write, write. Every week, you will draft fundraising campaigns that inspire members to donate or take action;
- Make your colleagues’s fundraisers better (and we will do the same for you). You will give edits and feedback on colleagues’s drafts;
- Collaborate with campaigners and external partners on developing fundraisers that help us win campaigns and build our movement;
- Deliver digital campaigns, using our CRM (ActionKit) to set up, schedule, test, analyze and optimize emails;
- Continuously develop, staying up-to-date on best-practices in digital fundraising;
- Work on strategic projects to improve member engagement and drive acquisition, including but not limited to experimenting with new fundraising programs;
- Participate as an active member of the fundraising team and SumOfUs community, and other duties as assigned.
Skills and experiences you will need to bring
We have no formal education requirements – if you can meet the responsibilities of the role and are willing to grow, that is all that matters.
All roles at SumOfUs require you to:
- Be dedicated to building a fairer and more sustainable global economy;
- Demonstrate an active commitment to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive work community;
- Communicate in English (English is our primary working language);
- Work remotely (SumOfUs provides funds to set-up a home office or to work from a co-working space).
This role in particular requires you to:
- Have experience in digital fundraising, preferably in email fundraising;
- Show potential in identifying and developing inspiring, impact-driven and anti-oppressive campaigns;
- Have good writing skills with an understanding of digital campaigning;
- Have the ability to research, synthesize and simplify information, relaying it in a written conversational style that connects and engages the reader;
- Have an excellent understanding of audience behaviour and how to inspire action through effective story-telling;
- Be keen to learn and develop new skills, and find innovative solutions to challenges;
We know that no one can possibly have all these skills and experiences – you will likely be able to bring 2 or 3 of the following to our team:
- Strong relationship building skills, able to forge and manage relationships with people and organizations working on similar issues or projects;
- Experience with digital advocacy or mobilization tools;
- An understanding and/or strong interest in A/B testing and basic data analysis;
- Experience working in CRMs (experience with ActionKit is a plus) to load, produce, and send emails to members;
- Experience in other forms of digital or online fundraising, including but not limited to digital ads, text-to-give, crowdfunding, peer-to-peer;
- Experience with market campaigns, shareholder activism, or corporate accountability issues.
Compensation is competitive and will be determined based on a combination of experience, seniority, and location. For some context: this position in the UK would pay between £36,000 – £48,600 GBP per year depending on experience and seniority. In other regions, compensation will be adjusted for local currency and local market rates. SumOfUs’s compensation policy is calculated with a focus on equity and where staff can thrive.
SumOfUs is a fully remote and distributed team, as such we offer stipends to offset cell phone and internet costs. We offer stipends to set-up home offices or to rent space in a coworking environment. We offer five weeks paid vacation (plus additional sick leave and all major public holidays off and 6 months paid parental leave), contributions to retirement, and the ability to work from home and work with a degree of flexibility outside our core hours of operation. We cover private health insurance premiums for employees and dependents who live in countries without public insurance. We are happy to answer any questions you have about our parental leave policies and other, similar benefits in interviews.
SumOfUs is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of SumOfUs to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment and employees and not to discriminate because of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, personal appearance, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, genetic information, or political affiliation. Equal employment opportunities will be provided in employment, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.