United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Standard Job Description
Senior Human Resources Assistant Organizational Setting and Work Relationships Senior Human Resources Assistant will function under direct supervision of the Administrative or Human Resources Officer, assisting him/her in personnel administration and other HR related matters, including the process of recruitment and appointment of staff, and in the performance management and welfare issues of staff under area of responsibility (AOR). All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity. Duties – Assist in the recruitment, assignment, reassignment and separation of local service staff. Prepare documents for the interview panel for the recruitment of local staff. – Process local staff members¿ contracts, entitlements and benefits in accordance with Staff Rules and established HR procedures. – Update personnel related information in MSRP/HR module where this activity has been rolled out from PAS to the respective office. – Advise staff members on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements, and assist them in interpreting UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations. – Assist newly-arrived international staff with administrative formalities related to their accreditations, security/ground passes, submission of completed forms and related documents to headquarters, arrange travel and hotel reservations – Assist with shipment of their personal effects in coordination with the logistics section. – Administer UNHCR medical insurance plan for locally recruited staff. Provide administrative support to staff and dependants in case of medical evacuations, as well as security evacuations/relocations. Maintain daily tracking record of staff and families to provide accurate information in case of emergency. – Maintain personnel records in the office, including maintenance of the attendance, overtime and leave records. – Initiate calculations for payments related to personnel issues such as settlement of travel claims, overtime claims, hazard pay, MIP reimbursements, medical and security evacuations, shipment costs. – Initiate routine correspondence on HR matters for the authorizing officer¿s approval. – Perform other related duties as required. Minimum Qualifications Education & Professional Work Experience Years of Experience / Degree Level For G5 – 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher Field(s) of Education Not applicable Certificates and/or Licenses Secretarial Administrative (Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential) Relevant Job Experience Essential Good knowledge of UNHCR administrative procedures and processes and exposure to provision of support services in an international organization. Desirable Field experience with UNHCR and/or with other humanitarian organizations is an asset. High IT affinity and working experience of PeopleSoft/MSRP. Functional Skills IT-Computer Literacy PG-Resource planning FI-ERP Financial Management (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Workday and other) HR-PeopleSoft Human Capital Management UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures IT-Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential) Language Requirements For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English. For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language. For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English. All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power. As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise. This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Desired Candidate Profile
• This position is advertised to internal and external applicants. Candidates must be legally present in México at the time of application, recruitment, and hire. Only Mexicans or candidates holding a permanent residency in México will be considered eligible.
• Internal Candidates: comprises current GS staff members holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment who, at the date of the deadline for application, are serving in the country of the vacancy at the grade of the position or one grade below or above, as well as any candidates serving at higher grades who fulfill the criteria as per the job advertisement. Staff members must serve for a minimum of one year following assignment before being considered eligible to apply for another position within the same category.
• Recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme or as an intern, is subject to proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, independently of contract type and duration. The selected candidate(s) will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to recruitment.
• Only short-listed candidates will be notified. The recruitment process might include a written test and/or oral interview for this job opening. No late applications will be accepted.
• UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).
• This position is offered under Fixed-Term Appointment, initially for a period of 1 year.
• Remuneration: A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered depending on relevant experience as per the requirements of the job advertisement. For information on UN salaries, allowances, and benefits, please visit the portal of the Office of HR Management of United Nations.
Required languages (expected Overall ability is at least B2 level):
Occupational Safety and Health Considerations:
Nature of Position:
Living and Working Conditions:
FI-ERP Financial Management (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Workday and other), HR-PeopleSoft Human Capital Management, IT-Computer Literacy, IT-Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), PG-Resource planning, UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures
Administration – Other, Secretarial – Other
Accountability, Client & results orientation, Commitment to continuous learning, Communication, Organizational awareness, Planning & organizing, Teamwork & collaboration, Technological awareness
UNHCR Salary Calculator
This position doesn’t require a functional clearance
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.