Working at Oxfam
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have Bachelor’s (BA) or Degree from a recognised university/college in Management, Supplies Management or any other areas that can bring added value to the post?
Do you have relevant logistic/fleet management experience of 3-5 years for BA holders (including, vehicle management and communications, team support and warehouse management) or 5-7 years for Diploma holders, preferably in an international NGO
Do you have experience in training on vehicle management?
If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you.
Oxfam GB is looking for a Senior Logistics Officer- (Fleet and Warehouse) a person who can work as part of the logistics team, managing all responsibilities related to vehicles, transport, staff, and visitor movements, as well as the dispatching of goods.
This role is responsible for ensuring quality in asset management support across the Ethiopia programme. Where appropriate, support field teams through assessment, coaching and accompaniment.
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a candidate who cares about Oxfam’s mission to end poverty and is personally aligned with our feminist principles and values of empowerment, accountability and inclusion in all you do.
An ideal candidate for the role will also be/have:
- Relevant logistic/fleet management experience of 3-5 years for BA holders (including, vehicle management and communications, team support and warehouse management) or 5-7 years for Diploma holders, preferably in an international NGO.
- Good knowledge and experience in vehicle management.
- Experience in training on vehicle management.
- Technical skills in vehicle repair and maintenance
- Data management and reporting skills
- Physically fit
- Good comprehension of security issues and clarity on reporting on them.
- Good personal communication skills, in written and verbal English and Amharic.
- Ability to adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through
- Able to work with little supervision, use initiative to a good degree, and work creatively and effectively.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
- Computer knowledge, Outlook, MS Word and Excel.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s equal opportunity, gender policies and safeguarding. Demonstrated experience in integrating gender and diversity issues into logistics programmes
- Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Oxfam
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action.
We offer a competitive salary and a range of additional benefits to staff including flexible working options, a generous pension scheme, annual leave, additional leave allowances, company sick pay, life assurance and a range of other benefits.
From the day you join Oxfam, we invite you to stretch and learn in your role. Our wide range of Learning & Development opportunities includes in-house courses, e-learning modules, on-the-job learning opportunities, coaching and mentoring, and much more.
You can read more about all Oxfam has to offer here.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you.
How to apply:
As part of your online application, please upload your up-to-date CV and Cover Letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Apply For This Role
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.