Senior Manager Assurance – Private Company
Smythe LLP is seeking an experienced and well-rounded Senior Manager to join our private company group in Vancouver. The ideal candidate will be a team player looking to learn and grow within Smythe LLP. The candidate will have a demonstrated ability to influence and execute.
Smythe LLP is a member of Allinial Global and is one of the largest independent mid-sized firms in Vancouver and British Columbia. Established in 1980, we are recognized for exceptional work in assurance, taxation and business advisory services for private and public companies, including high-net worth family-owned businesses and not-for-profit clients.
We take pride in our specialized industry expertise in technology, real estate and construction, pension and benefit plans, and mining and exploration. Our website is www.smythecpa.com.
As a key member of our leadership team, you will actively contribute to the success of the Firm by delivering exceptional client service and leading and coaching your team. As a member of the Assurance Group, you will be responsible for delivering high quality assurance, taxation and business advisory services to the Firm’s clients, as you work directly with Partners and staff. You will be working directly with the Partners in leadership development and growth to help you reach your fullest potential.
- Lead and manage accounting, assurance and tax engagements, such as review engagements, compilations and personal/corporate tax compliance (T1, T2, T3, T4, and T5 forms)
- Working directly with Partners and Principals to manage and grow client relationships by addressing client needs and providing business advisory or tax planning services
- Research and present accounting and tax issues to assist with client objectives
- Plan and lead teams, ensuring expectations are set and clearly communicated
- Promote firm expertise and services
- Drive the attainment of team objectives
- Actively participate in the coaching, training and development of staff
- Promote a culture of flexibility and inclusiveness
- Manage profitability of the services you provide.
- Designated CPA with a minimum of 3 years experience as an assurance manager within public practice
- Experience with directly dealing with owner managed businesses
- Demonstrated ability to manage and monitor multiple engagements at any given time
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong delivery of the client service experience
- Strong coaching and people development skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong financial awareness and management of services delivered to clients
- Ability to build strong and meaningful connections with colleagues and clients, based on trust and respect
- A desire to learn and adapt in a challenging environment
At Smythe we are committed to the development of our people and a competitive salary and benefits package. We offer ambitious people opportunities to challenge themselves and advance their career not only in a technical manner but also in business development and community support.
If you want to learn more about Life at Smythe, follow us on Instagram @lifeatsmythe or LinkedIn @Smythe LLP.
We thank you for your application and will reach out regarding on any updates to your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.