Community Living Grimsby, Lincoln and West Lincoln
Senior Manager – Supported Living Services
In 1965, Community Living – Grimsby, Lincoln and West Lincoln (CL-GLWL) began as a non-profit charitable organization based in West Niagara with a mandate to provide supports and services to children and adults living with an intellectual disability and their families.
As an accredited organization, we offer multiple services and serve more than 300 people with special needs every year – from children to aging seniors. We offer community participation programs, Children’s and Adult Supported Group Living services, respite services, Supported Independent Living Services and employment supports from over 20 locations.
Currently, we have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a committed and dedicated Senior Manager of Supported Living Services. This is an exciting time to join CL-GLWL as we are in the process of launching a new strategic plan for the next three years and we are dedicated to helping everyone supported achieve their full potential, be included in our community, and, ultimately, build great lives.
The Senior Manager – Supported Living Services will join our management team to provide leadership and direction supporting growth and diversity strategies and ensuring the achievement of excellent service standards.
- Provide oversight to Supported Living Services, including group and independent living.
- Provide outstanding leadership within the organization and through the community.
- Ensure standardized systems and procedures are in place and adhered to in order to facilitate excellence in quality services.
- Conduct quality assurance and improvement activities, tracking performance.
- Direct team members to develop appropriate risk management action plan outcomes and report on service targets.
- Effectively mentor and develop a collaborative and coherent team of supervisors.
- Lead the development and implementation of the integrated systems within and external to the organization.
- Understand and adhere to service agreements with the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services and all relevant legislation.
- Monitor and maintain balanced budgets and report on variances.
- Act as part of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Attend Regional and Provincial activities as a representative of our agency.
- Manage and maintain vacancies and intake with the support of Program Supervisors.
- Ensure all CL-GLWL policies and procedures are adhered to ensure client safety and regulatory compliance.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Maintenance on building projects for 13 locations, to ensure a safe and secure living environment for the people we support.
- Role model CL-GLWL’s commitment to inclusion and our belief that effective service delivery must be client-focused, strength-based, and designed to meet the goals of the individuals we serve.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and engaging leader with the following:
- A University degree in a related discipline.
- At least five (5) years experience working within the not-for-profit or social services field, a minimum of five (5) years in a management role.
- Possesses effective critical thinking when supporting a team in managing complex situations.
- Completion of a recognized Management program (coaching, mentoring, training) is preferred.
- A proven history of success in a “targets-based” program, tracking outcomes, reporting on key metrics, and making the necessary adjustments to ensure we fully meet the requirements of our service agreements.
- Experience guiding or participating as a lead in a change management project.
- Experience coaching supervisors in their oversight of programs in alignment with strategic direction.
- A commitment to inclusion and empowerment for people with special
- Solid computer skills and have the desire to move the agency towards paperless practices.
- Budgeting development, analysis, reporting, and oversight experience.
- A valid driver’s license and access to reliable
- Current Vulnerable Criminal Reference Check.
- Proof of Full COVID-19 Vaccination.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is a strong asset.
We offer an excellent benefit package and the salary ranges from $80,000 to $85,000.
Community Living is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability-related accommodations, please notify our Human Resources Department at 905-563-4115 Ext. 210.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-01-16
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.