European Investment Bank (EIB)
The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking to recruit for its Group Corporate Services Directorate – Groupe Digital Office (GCS-GDO), Business Solutions Department (BSD), Finance Division (FD), Collateral & Market Data Management Unit (C&M) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) Market Data Vendor Product Manager*.
This is a full-time position at grade 5/6 for which the EIB offers a permanent contract.
*internally referred as (Senior) Officer IT Applications
Panel interviews are anticipated for January 2024
Every day, you will shape the future for the EIB Group with our data-fuel aspirations. From procurement and contract management to product management and seamless technical connectivity with our vendor partners. Would you like to join the team and become the bridge to success between Business and IT teams?
You will report to the Head of Collateral and Market Data Management Unit and forge strong bonds with other divisions and the user community. You will be responsible for market data demand management, budget, licensing, portfolio optimisation for EIBG. Market data is used by a series of critical financial applications in which errors or delays (e.g. in payments or missed reconciliations), could lead to financial losses and/or reputational damage for the EIBG (EIB Group).
- Preparation of current and future market analysis: explore diverse options, dissect market landscape, market date sources comparison
- Provide business input and support the related Unit with call for tender specifications, contract negotiation and renewals
- Management of new and existing compliance clearance requests
- Vendor management: relationship management with key suppliers, vendor performance management, market surveys, etc.
- License and user access management, in co-operation with the business, ensuring compliance with contractual obligations
- Demand management and optimisation: relationship management with business users, requirements and information need collection, business analysis, etc.
- Seek for simplifying the contracts landscape and rationalizing the license costs
- Management of storage of documentation related to contracts (order forms, invoices, business cases, market analysis, OCCO clearances, email exchanges, excel files etc.)
- Ownership of market data budget including cost management: consumption monitoring, budget execution, budget input, forecasts, accruals etc
- Portfolio optimisation: establish a functional mapping between EIB product needs and future availabilities, on a cost efficient basis
Stay abreast of evolving business needs, new market opportunities, trends and developments regarding information resources
- University degree (minimum an equivalent to a Bachelor) preferably in Finance, Business Management or IT
- At least 5 years’ professional experience dealing with market data contract management and/or procurement and/or budgeting
- Experience managing invoicing of market data vendors and related back-office activities
- Very good understanding of the delivery mechanisms of market data to banks by market data vendors
- Good knowledge of all market data financial instruments, trends and developments
- Familiarity with market data products and related applications (Refinitiv DACS, Bloomberg Terminal, Tullet) would be an advantage
- Understanding of financial IT application architecture (e.g. product support for upstream connectivity) and IT infrastructure would be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*), with a good command of the other. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) Unless stated explicitly as a required qualification, a good command of French is not a pre-requisite for hire. As both English and French are however official working languages of the EIB, proficiency in both languages is a pre-requisite for your future career development. Any language clause in your contract must be fulfilled in order for you to be eligible for a promotion (either via the annual appraisal cycle or via an internal selection process). Proficiency is understood to mean the attainment of level 5 of the Inter Institutional language courses, corresponding to B1.2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL). The Bank offers appropriate training support.
We are an equal opportunities employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. We encourage all suitably qualified and eligible candidates to apply regardless of their gender identity/expression, age, racial, ethnic and cultural background, religion and beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, disability or neurodiversity.
Applicants with specific needs are encouraged to request reasonable accommodations at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact the EIB Recruitment team [email protected] who will ensure that your request is handled.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorised disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 13th December 2023
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.