Save the Children International
Staff whose work requires or potentially could require any in-person interaction with Save the Children colleagues, partners, or beneficiaries must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless otherwise required by law. Save the Children complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.
In concert with team members, the Senior Officer, Corporate Partnerships will play a leadership role in driving strategy, impact, growth and satisfaction of corporate partners of Save the Children. You will lead on ambitious partnerships that leverage the positive power of business to create social impact that is sustainable and at scale.
The primary purpose of this role is to acquire, grow and steward corporate partners to create shared value – simultaneous social and business impact – in support of Save the Children’s domestic and international programs. You will unlock the full potential of a corporation to drive impact for kids, which can include cash, human capital, social capital and financial capital. This requires a collaborative approach that works in concert with internal stakeholders to consult, strategize, align, collaborate, and implement alongside a corporation for greater scale, sustainability, and effectiveness of outcomes for kids.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
Revenue Generation & Stewardship through Impact Partnerships (60%)
- Develop, manage and steward up to 6 medium to high profile corporate partnerships generating no less than $4 million in cash on an annual basis. Additionally, seek out, acquire / convert and on board medium to high profile corporate partnerships that can be cultivated into $1 million+ relationships.
- Responsible for overarching strategic planning and implementation to include all applicable aspects of the partnership including (but not limited to): programmatic funding support, cause marketing promotions, skill/product donations, communications /recognition plans, workplace giving, and employee engagement.
- For all partners, hold strategic planning sessions to develop ambitious account plans. Responsible for setting clear account objectives and reaching KPIs.
Contribute to the Success of the Overall Team Strategy (30%)
- Support the Corporate Team strategy to drive impact partnerships with corporations, including, but not limited to, supporting a Corporate Advisory Board Standing Team, developing key offerings, or taking on another special assignment that allows the team to shape and inform the strategy of the focus areas, as well as developing plans to socialize new focus areas and offerings to existing accounts.
- Indirectly or directly manage staff, providing them with leadership, strategic guidance and direction to effectively manage committed funds and grow revenue streams.
- Create customized partnership opportunities, ensuring that Save the Children’s value proposition is clearing defined; write, develop and finalize pitches / proposals to ensure high quality, shared value thinking in coordination with Technical Advisors (TAs), Integrated Marketing leaders, and field experts; ensure due diligence reports are completed per guidelines.
- Work collaboratively across departments and within the team to ensure all donor expectations for accounts under her/his watch are fully satisfied.
Drive External Visibility/Knowledge Management (10%)
- Contribute to building our visibility with the corporate sector by speaking or facilitating at least one external panel per year.
- Proactively seek opportunities to drive visibility for Save the Children and our Corporate Partnerships. This includes developing general and account specific content marketing strategies involving social media, thought leadership opportunities, and leveraging all other channels to drive engagement.
- Stay up to date in trends in key partner categories, shared value partnerships, cause marketing, international development, and contribute to training and support across the team on new findings.
- Represent the team on working groups internally and externally.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience, plus at least 7 years of relevant experience
- Proven fundraiser with demonstrated success in growing partnerships resulting in 7-figure contributions from Fortune 500 companies
- Demonstrated knowledge of current theories and practices in corporate fundraising trends (e.g., collective impact, shared value / co-creation, public-private partnerships, cause marketing, global volunteerism), with the ability to conceptualize, initiative and deliver multi-stakeholder projects that meet specific goals, on time and with distinction
- Experience building partnerships with private sector companies in 2-3 consumer-focused industries such as consumer packaged goods, retail, luxury goods, automotive, hospitality, sports, media, publishing, and/or entertainment.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10-15%
- Proven track record in account management in competitive, matrixed environments
- Demonstrated project management skills; responsiveness to partner needs; and ability to drive projects through to completion
- Proven leadership skills, and prior success in to leading direct reports by providing technical advice, guidance and direction related to various size grants and other partner commitments
- Teamwork orientation and ability to manage inter-team conflict
- Proven interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to negotiate and prioritize for your team to navigate challenging situations to achieve goals & deadlines
- Professional proficiency in MS Office suite
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with individuals and teams at all levels, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering and maintaining and environment of diversity, inclusion, and belonging
- Demonstrated evidence of having worked with a diverse range of senior-level stakeholders (e.g., Board, C-level executives, non-profit leaders)
- Ability to generate new ideas and innovative projects to continuously raise our game; translating innovative strategies and new ideas into cross-team, cross-functional projects with specific KPIs aligned with team, Resource Development and agency goals
- Experience in creating public/private partnerships and developing impact metrics
- Corporate social responsibility and public/private partnership experience
Save the Children is offering the following salary ranges for this position, dependent on candidate location:
- Geo 1 – NY Metro, DC, and other locations with labor costs significantly above national average: Target Salary for this position is $108,800 – $121,600 base salary
- Geo 2 – Locations around the US National Labor Cost Average: Target Salary for this position is $98,600 – $110,200 base salary
- Geo 3 – Locations significantly below the US National Labor Cost Average: Target Salary for this position is $88,400 – $98,800 base salary
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, base salary of internal peers, business sector, and geographic location (more information on job structure is available here). Employee may be eligible for an incentive program. Save the Children also offers paid vacation, accrued at least 12 days a year, depending on paygrade and length of service, paid safety and wellness leave of at least 1 day per month worked for a full time employee which is pro rata reduced for employees working less than a full time schedule, and at least 10 paid holidays a year. Employees may be eligible for additional bonus compensation. Save the Children US also offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, a retirement savings plan with employer contribution, family leave, paid parental/adoption leave of 60 days, commuter benefits, paid caregiver leave days, 1 paid volunteer day a year, paid critical child illness leave days, dress for your day, and much more.
Why you should join the Save the Children Team…
Save the Children US offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, pet insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, family leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, dress for your day, and much more.
Click here to learn more about how Save the Children US will invest in YOU!
About Save the Children
No matter your role when you join Save the Children, each and every day you will challenge yourself to devote your skills, talent and expertise to changing the world for kids. It’s an ambitious goal, and a meaningful one no matter how you see yourself professionally: an accountant, a writer, a data analyst, a teacher, a driver, a designer, or any one of the hundreds of dozens of roles we’re looking to fill every day.
You see, Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Our work for children and their families requires that we commit—at every opportunity—to work together to identify and dismantle persistent systemic and structural racism, inequality, and any other forms of discrimination in this country and beyond. As an anti-racist organization, Save the Children will not tolerate discrimination in any form—in our employment practices, amongst our staff, in our leadership or toward the people we serve. We stand in solidarity with all people to fight for equal rights, justice, inclusion, and belonging.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom we are in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation.
Save the Children is committed to minimizing safety and security risks for our valued employees, ensuring all are given training, support and information to reduce their risk exposure while maximizing the impact of our programs for children and families. Our shared duty, both agency and individual, is to seek and maintain safe working conditions for all.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.