ACT | The App Association
Senior Policy Manager, Europe
ACT tendersglobal.net The App Association
The App Association is seeking an entrepreneurial and strategic senior policy manager for Europe, who is curious about and interested in the legal and policy issues affecting the small business software and internet of things industry. You will manage the day-to-day activities of the association in Europe and drive its advocacy efforts on a variety of policy issues, such as privacy, platform competition, intellectual property, and standards. You will represent the App Association in Europe for all related strategy and advocacy activities, public-facing events, and other forums. The role requires a deep understanding of the policy context in the EU, selected Member States, and the United Kingdom, and of the key policy issues affecting the digital industry in Europe. You will manage a small dynamic international team across time zones. This position reports to the executive director and works in close coordination with a team based in the United States. Currently, the position is work from home, based in Brussels.
- Understand and educate stakeholders on issues affecting the small businesses innovator community in Europe;
- Position the App Association as a reliable expert with government, civil society, academia, and other relevant stakeholders on policy issues affecting the app ecosystem;
- Track, analyse, and anticipate relevant policy and regulatory developments in Europe in the field of technology and digital which affects our members’ ability to innovate and grow their businesses;
- Develop and execute advocacy initiatives and strategies as the European public policy landscape evolves across a wide range of venues and issues;
- Identify opportunities for the App Association to contribute to conversations on policies affecting the app ecosystem;
- Represent the App Association in meetings with government officials across a variety of venues, business coalitions, public events, and panels and become the primary point of contact of the App Association in Europe;
- Ensure and maintain relations with key policy stakeholders in Brussels and the Member States, including trade associations, companies, and civil society;
- Ensure consistency in public policy positions and priorities across regions;
- Manage external consultants;
- Manage and empower diverse and multicultural teams across geographies;
- Organize policy-related briefings, meetings, and other events with the support of internal teams.
- 5+ years of professional experience in legal, public policy, government affairs, advocacy, or political roles;
- Significant experience in developing and executing public policy strategies in Brussels and throughout Europe. Experience working with United Kingdom policymakers is a plus;
- Strong knowledge and interest in technology policy issues and their interplay with small business innovators;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally and independently with internal and external stakeholders, including government officials, industry partners, and civil society organizations;
- Proven skills in coalition-building, external representation, and negotiation;
- Ability to analyze and think strategically;
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail; any additional languages are an asset;
- Experience managing and working in a diverse and multicultural team across geographies;
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks;
- Willingness to travel to other European countries and the United States as needed.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.