Food and Agriculture Organization
The Office of Emergencies and Resilience (OER) is responsible for ensuring FAO’s efforts to support countries and partners in preparing for and effectively responding to food and agricultural threats and crises by
- increasing the numbers of people reached in Integrated Phase Classification (IPC) 3 and above;
- increasing the numbers of people supported to move out of IPC
- humanitarian caseload onto pathways of resilience and development.
- FAO has mainstreamed a humanitarian, development, peace nexus approach and a localization agenda throughout its strategic positioning and programmatic design and implementation at country and regional levels.
- In this organizational setting, OER is responsible for coordinating the development and maintenance of corporate tools and standards to enable Decentralized Offices (DOs) to assist Members to prepare for, and respond to emergencies as well as strengthen capacities of national and subnational institutions and partners for resilience and risk-informed development.
- OER ensures humanitarian policy coordination and knowledge, liaison with the Inter-Agency Standing Committee as well as with humanitarian resource partners, co-leadership with World Food Programme of the global Food Security Cluster, organizational preparedness, surge capacity and response to large-scale emergencies.
- OER supports food and nutrition security and sectoral/systems assessments, early warning activities related to emergency and humanitarian analysis and responses.
- OER plays a major role in the development and leadership of the Organization’s programme to increase the resilience of livelihoods to food and agriculture threats and crises of the Organization’s programme in areas such as risk governance and coordination, anticipatory actions, disaster risk reduction, early warning and response in agriculture and food chain crises.
- Leads the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects; directs review of relevant documents and reports; identifies priorities, problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and initiates follow-up actions;
- Coordinates programmes and reviews the assessments of issues and trends for the implementation of programmes and projects and the preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies;
- Supervises preparation of various written outputs, e.g. background papers, analyses, substantial sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications;
- Directs substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations;
- Manages outreach activities; designs and conducts training workshops and seminars, and makes presentations on assigned topics/activities;
- Leads field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties;
- Represents the Organization at international meetings and conferences, identifies and implements strategic partnerships, advocates best practices and increased dialogue and develops and negotiates effective working relationships/consensus and agreements with international and national stakeholders.
- Oversees day-to-day operational aspects of emergency response and resilience projects and programmes in accordance with the project management cycle from initiation phase to operational and financial closure;
- Leads the preparation of the office budget, monitors and manages the funds available to OER;
- Leads strengthening of FAO Emergency and Resilience programme Financial Business model;
- Elaborates and produces key trend analysis with performance monitoring at portfolio as well as at project level (KPIs), operational dashboard, projects delivery, closures;
- Leads Decentralized Offices’ support with guidance and expertise in areas of Funding Liaison functions of emergency projects;
- Leads the development and delivery of trainings related to the project operations and corporate project management systems;
- Coordinates and monitors Special Fund for Emergency and Rehabilitation (SFERA) requests, prepares monitoring tables and leads the preparation and finalization of the SFERA annual report;
- Provides strategic guidance related to the human resources falling under the funds available to OER;
- Provides strategic guidance related to the cost recovery compliance clearance of FAO emergency projects;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Advanced university degree in economics, business administration, management or related fields.
- Ten years of relevant experience in project/programme planning and appraisal, as well as in the development of results-based management/monitoring systems.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another official FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions, is essential.
- Extent and relevance of experience and skills in project identification, programme and project formulation, analysis, planning and implementation;
- Extent and relevance of experience in accounting and in managing accounting functions, budget management and reporting;
- Demonstrated results-based management capabilities with an ability to manage programmes, budgets and human resources efficiently under shifting priorities;
- Extent of knowledge of planning and budgetary processes and associated tools;
- Demonstrated ability to analyse problems, make appropriate recommendations, effective decisions, including in emergency settings;
- Ability to mobilize resources.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Showing 1 - 4 of 93806 jobs/tenders
National Consultant to support in scaling up the social media platforms of the Children’s Club network, Colombo (remote)International Labour Organization (ILO)Colombo, Sri LankaColombo, Sri Lanka
Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Solar Pumps (0.3 & 1 hp)AnywhereAnywhere
International consultancy – Foundational Learning Specialist, Freetown, Sierra Leone, 90 daysWorld Health Organization (WHO)Freetown, Sierra LeoneFreetown, Sierra Leone
Conservation design at Panagia MelandrinaAnywhereAnywhere