UK Health Security Agency
This post is located within UKHSA’s Global Operations Directorate, led by the Director of Global Operations, reports to the Head of Global Programmes and works closely across global programmes teams.
Global Operations supports the delivery of UKHSA’s Global Health Strategy. It provides a corporate service to UKHSA supporting the oversight, coordination and delivery of UKHSA’s international activity and working with UK government departments and other UK partners to build and strengthen international public health links.
The division also maintains its own extensive portfolio of global health projects and programmes, focusing on technical capacity building global health security and health system strengthening in partner countries.
The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) offers hybrid working – this means that whilst the role will be based in one of our offices, there will be opportunities for an element of working from home.
This role is based at 10 South Colonnade Canary Wharf, London E14 5EA
The balance between home and workplace working is to be agreed with the line manager, determined primarily by business needs and in line with departmental policy.
*Please be aware that this role can only be worked from within the UK and not overseas. Relocation expenses are not available.*
The Senior Programme Officer (Global Programmes) is a key role in the Global Programmes Division to support development and initiation of new projects with key UK and international partners in global health to deliver strategic outcomes and to identify opportunities to join up the UK public health approach to global health.
The Senior Programme Officer (Global Programmes) supports the corporate governance function of the Global Operations Directorate and is accountable to, and supports, the Head of Global Programmes.
This exciting new position will play a critical role in the design and delivery of activities as global programmes expands its global partnerships. The post-holder will work alongside the Head of Global Programme, project managers and senior public health advisers to help plan, coordinate and manage a range of tasks and projects both overseas and in the UK.
While the post will be based in London, occasional international travel may be required.
The role is extremely varied and very rewarding. It requires someone with proven communication, organisational, IT and time management skills. An interest in global health issues and experience of working on international projects/programmes are highly desirable.
The job holder will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities and duties:
- Working with the Head of Global Programmes to develop, initiate and implement new and existing projects with key UK and international partners in global health to deliver strategic outcomes and to identify opportunities to join up the UK public health approach to global health
- Responsible for managing the secretariat function to the monthly Global Programmes Management Meeting, linking in with other governance structures as required
- Develop effective relationships with key stakeholders to enable focused and coordinated support across all programmes;
- Leading a key strategic relationship with at least one country/organisation, coordinating activities to deliver positive outcomes;
- Facilitating the development of, and managing the internal approvals system for, memorandums of understanding with external organisations, project bids, and maintaining a central depository;
- Responsible for effective project governance related to financial reporting including collating and maintain accurate evidence and records of expenditure;
- Supporting the delivery of an effective global operations communications strategy, highlighting the work of the programmes portfolio, for both external and internal audiences;
- Contributing to the overall work and development of the Global Operations directorate.
The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present and is not intended to be exhaustive. The Job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary.
It is important through your application and Statement of Suitability of no more than 1500 words that you give evidence and examples of proven experience of each of the following criteria:
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the public health sector
- Experience of partnership working – linking with staff across varied organisational functions to address inter-dependencies and ensure alignment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills
- Able to nurture key relationships, network and work in effective partnerships with complex stakeholders
- High level of organizational skills – able to organise, plan, prioritise and deal with conflicting demands and pressures
- Comprehensive knowledge of key global health issues and global health organisations and their roles
- Strong understanding of international relations and awareness of international politics
- Experience of managing projects with multiple partners
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on tendersglobal.net
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.