Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation’s capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Senior Research Developer, University Information Systems – Georgetown University
As a competitive R-1 organization, Georgetown is seeking to leverage its cloud-based investments to provide a technical research infrastructure. Key to this strategy is the ability to develop applications to support specific research activities for robust data analytics.
The Senior Research Developer designs, builds, analyzes, and maintains cloud-native applications seamlessly integrate managed services from Google Cloud or AWS, as well as integrates, as necessary with other parts of the Georgetown IT infrastructure. They work heavily with MuleSoft, Node.js, Java, and Python in both GCP and AWS.
They are responsible for deploying and debugging cloud stacks, educating teams on new cloud initiatives, and ensuring the security of the cloud infrastructure; as well as identifying the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the research community and maintaining cloud applications in accordance with best practices and university security policies.
The Senior Research Developer is expected to:
- Collaborate with research, engineering and development teams to gather and evaluate research needs and identify optimal cloud solutions
- Modify and improve existing systems
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives
- Design, develop and deploying modular cloud-based systems
- Develop and maintaining cloud solutions in accordance with best practices
- Ensure efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with university security policies and best practices in cloud security
- Identify, analyze, and resolve application deployment issues
- Regularly review existing systems and work with the research community and with UIS teams to make recommendations for improvements
- Interact with all levels of Georgetown researchers, including faculty, students, and staff, as well as associates from MedStar and other institutions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar field – preference for Master’s degree
- At least 7 years of experience in the field of cloud computing
- Experience with developing and designing APIs – preference for experience with MuleSoft
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Client management skills
- Expertise in programming in Node.js, Java, Python
- AWS and GCP certifications
Work Mode: Hybrid. Please note that work mode designations are regularly reviewed in order to meet the evolving needs of the University. Such review may necessitate a change to a position’s mode of work designation. Complete details about Georgetown University’s mode of work designations for staff positions can be found on the Department of Human Resources Mode of Work Designation .
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected] .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown’s commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .
Georgetown University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, retirement savings, tuition assistance, work-life balance benefits, employee discounts and an array of voluntary insurance options. You can learn more about benefits and eligibility on the Department of Human Resources website .
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements:
The Georgetown University community is committed to our public health approach and the important role that vaccines play in contributing to the safety of our University and our broader communities. Georgetown University requires students, faculty, staff and visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to have received a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot when eligible, or to have an approved medical or religious exemption. This requirement applies to all faculty and staff, including teleworking employees. Complete details and updates can be found in the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center .
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.