United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCRs core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Carry out preliminary interviews and initial assessments to process refugees for resettlement following established procedures.
- Prepare written documentation for resettlement submission; ensure that records / files of individual cases are updated in a systematic and timely manner.
- Assess and review individual resettlement cases and prepare individual / group submission for scrutiny by the supervisor.
- Provide persons of concern (PoC) with up-to-date and accurate information on UNHCR’s resettlement policies and procedures.
- Comply with UNHCR’s standard operating procedures on resettlement, ensuring timely action on cases.
- Follow up on cases from time of submission to final decision and departure; ensure effective in-country communication on the status and follow-up on PoC being considered for resettlement.
- Assist in maintaining and updating proGres or Consolidated Online Resettlement Tracking System (CORTS) database and provide technical support.
- Coordinate travel and departure arrangements for refugees accepted for resettlement.
- Organize logistical support for governments undertaking resettlement missions.
- Provide administrative support for resettlement-related training activities, including organization of resettlement workshops and meetings as required.
- Maintain accurate resettlement statistics as well as up-to-date records on individual cases; assist in the preparation of reports.
- Draft / type routine correspondence to Field Offices / Multi-Country Offices / Headquarters.
- Systematically apply an Age, Gender and Diversity perspective in all aspects of the resettlement process; comply with UNHCR policy and guidelines on HIV/AIDS.
- Assist in mitigating resettlement fraud by reporting suspected fraud.
- Recommend eligible cases for resettlement consideration.
- Provide counselling to PoC.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Education & Professional Work Experience
- Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.
Teamleitung SAP Health (all genders)adesso orangeBayernBayern
Roster of Administrative AssistantsWorld Health OrganizationNew Delhi, IndiaNew Delhi, India
Líder de Equipo Educación – CDGT – (Contrato Local)United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)Guatemala City, GuatemalaGuatemala City, Guatemala
IC/CRIWMP/2402/16 – National Consultant–CSA Livelihood Development – TrincomaleeAnywhereAnywhere