Baker Tilly Trillium LLP
We are a leading mid-market firm with locations in London, Dorchester, Aylmer, Leamington and Essex, Ontario. We provide audit, accounting, tax and a wide range of business advisory services, which include business acquisitions, divestitures and financing, human resources, recruitment and IT services.
We serve clients from all over the world ranging in size from small owner-managed enterprises to large, privately held organizations in various industries including agriculture business, fishing, automotive, real estate, manufacturing, professional services and the not-for-profit sector.
The Baker Tilly national network is one of Canada’s largest associations of Chartered Professional Accounting firms. Baker Tilly’s global reach extends beyond the 45+ offices in Canada into 146 territories worldwide: with over 36,000 team members. Together, we offer clients an established platform and access to the highest quality resources for audit, tax and transaction support in the global marketplace.
The home office for this role will be based out of our Leamington, Ontario office. We can also accomodate this role to reside in our London, Essex, Dorchester or Aylmer office.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
With direct support from the Tax Practice Leader, the Tax Senior Staff Accountant will manage and prepare multiple tax engagements to deliver quality tax services for our clients. This position offers excellent opportunities within a quickly growing tax practice for leadership and career advancement for the right candidate.
- Performing technical research and documenting tax plan recommendations
- Preparing individual and corporate tax returns
- Collaborate with peers and senior management on file planning and completion within time constraints
- Provide personal, attentive service to clients to encourage productive working relationships
- Manage tax activities in connection with non-tax (i.e., accounting/audit) files
- Identifying client service opportunities
A successful candidate will have:
- Canadian CA/CPA designation
- In-Depth or MTax in progress or desire to enroll
- Minimum 2 years of progressive experience in a tax specialty role focused on privately held entities
- 2+ years of experience in a public accounting Tax Department
- 1+ years of experience managing workflow and/or reviewing Tax projects prepared by more junior staff
- Experience with Trust and Estate planning/compliance experience a significant asset
- Inbound/Outbound international tax experience an asset
- Proficiency and/or experience with MS Office, Caseware, TaxPrep and tax research software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and creativity to identify problems and potential solutions
- Self-motivation with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong project management and organizational skills to handle multiple projects with conflicting timelines
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications. We would like to thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Leamington, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- CPA Designation (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.