King's College London
The King’s community is dedicated to the service of society. King’s Strategic Vision 2029 sets out our vision for the future, shaped around five priority areas: educate to inspire and improve; research to inform and innovate; serve to shape and transform; a civic university at the heart of London; and an international community that services the world. Our ambitious Education Strategy sets out the actions that we must take to transform how we teach, how and where our students learn and how we support them during their time with us.
We are the Student Administration Services Department, who undertake the administration of the student lifecycle including Welcome, Enrolment & Registration, Visa Support & Guidance, Student Records, Graduation, and International Orientation. We work to ensure all students who study at King’s receive a world-class student experience by aligning support for students through their educational journey with the academic cycle of events throughout the year.
We are part of the wider Students & Education Directorate, a collection of wide-ranging professional services in place to support King’s students and their education. As a directorate we manage the student lifecycle from application to graduation and beyond, to ensure a coherent and seamless student experience and effective administrative processes, working closely with King’s faculties to do so.
About the Role
This role sits within the Student Lifecycle Events & Engagement team which delivers on a range of projects and events aimed at enhancing the student experience at Welcome to King’s and Graduation. Welcome to King’s is a key programme of works that support students’ transition into higher education.
Welcome to King’s supports over 15,000 students joining King’s College London each year. The post holder will lead on the planning, preparation, organisation, and implementation of Welcome to King’s and aim to provide a high-quality experience to new students. Working collaboratively with services and faculties across the institution, the post holder will provide quality customer service for stakeholders, responding to enquiries competently and appropriately and continually seeking opportunities to enhance the student experience.
Experience of working in events is desirable, though not essential, but a keen eye for detail and an understanding of the logistical requirements of event management would be beneficial.
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates looking to support student engagement, and who wish to utilise their skills and expertise in planning large-scale events. This is an opportunity to grow your skills in project and stakeholder management.
We encourage applications from candidates who have experience from both within and outside of the Higher Education sector where they can demonstrate the skills needed to succeed in this role.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post, but we welcome applications from candidates seeking a flexible work pattern within our necessary service operating hours, 10am – 4pm.
- To lead on the planning, preparation, organisation, and implementation of Welcome to King’s, to ensure all activities from ID card collection to Induction and Welcome Events are delivered to a high standard
- Developing and implementing a programme of events designed to create a ‘world class Welcome’ for all new students, supporting the Welcome to King’s enrolment activities and overseeing the on the day delivery of welcome events
- Liaising with the relevant departments to ensure that appropriate arrangements are made for all enrolling students, liaising closely with internal and external providers to ensure they are of a high quality and are customer focused
- To foster good working relationships with a wide range of Welcome to King’s stakeholders including students, faculty staff, professional services staff across the college, suppliers, volunteers, and senior colleagues
- Supporting in the development, planning and implementation of International Orientation, working closely with the International Student Advice Team to produce events that are informative and engaging
- Supporting the Student Lifecycle Events & Engagement Officer with recruiting, timetabling and briefing student ambassadors, volunteers and temporary workers associated with Welcome to King’s activities and events
- Work with the Student Content Management team to development and maintain the Welcome web pages, app, social media platforms and student services online pages, including producing content and ensuring information is up to date and meets College standards
- Evaluation and review of Welcome to King’s activities including gathering, interpreting, and presenting data; identifying areas for improvement; and collecting student and staff feedback
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Your application should clearly set out how you meet the essential criteria as this is how we shortlist applications. Learn more about how we recruit, including tips on writing your application and supporting statement on our website:
Interviews will be held using Microsoft Teams and will consist of a 5-minute presentation and competency-based questions linked closely to the essential and desirable criteria mentioned here.
Although we have made improvements over the last number of years, our team is still under-represented in terms of staff from global majority ethnicities, LGBTQ+ identities, and from people with disabilities. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to employing a team that has diverse skills, experiences and abilities.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on 2 and 3 March 2023.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.