International Youth Foundation
IYF seeks a Senior Technical Advisor, Gender Equality and Equity who will provide technical guidance, leadership, and oversight for a $20 million, five-year, multi-country project funded by USAID. The project aims to strengthen the enabling environment for a more equitable and sustainable health system to increase access to health services, supplies, and information, including voluntary FP/RH and FP/RH integration with HIV/AIDS and MCH, with a focus on meeting the needs of youth and adolescents as well as advance gender equality and equity for all. This position will be responsible for providing overall strategic direction and technical leadership in gender equality and equity, working collaboratively with USAID technical teams and relevant global, regional, and country actors to advance and inform PAFG efforts and facilitate the uptake of state-of-the-art technical approaches within country programs.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the project’s overarching vision in collaboration with the Project Director and project partners, to ensure achievement of project results.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance ensuring that gender equality and equity are integrated throughout the project and interventions are high quality and evidence-based, with a long-term “systems” view and approach to development.
- Design, implement, and support evidence-based gender transformative interventions to strengthen the enabling environment for more equitable and sustainable health systems.
- Strengthen the gender capacity of national and sub-national health system actors, including government entities, private institutions, youth-led and youth-serving organizations, women-led and gender equality organizations. Develop and implement capacity strengthening plans. Develop tools and guides to facilitate knowledge transfer. Provide technical training and support.
- Contribute to the development of project work-plans and annual implementation plans that are consistent with project goals and objectives.
- Contribute to the development and timely submission of written reports, including funder reports and oral presentations on the project. Prepare periodic update reports on project successes, challenges facing the project, and progress toward meeting deliverables.
- Work with project leadership to ensure continuous program learning and ensure integration of monitoring and evaluation data into decision-making. This will include synthesizing and disseminating program results and information to local, regional, and global partners and overseeing the development of thought leadership publications.
- Represent IYF and overall project interests at national and regional meetings, workshops, and conferences, and promote the program at the global level.
- Perform other duties as requested.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Relevant graduate degree with at least eight (8) years’ experience working internationally in gender equity and equality and technical knowledge of policy, advocacy, financing, and governance approaches, and demonstrated work experience related to youth, gender equity and equality, and the intersection of youth and gender equity.
- Experience developing and delivering effective institutional capacity strengthening services, with youth-led, youth-serving, women-led, and/or gender equality organizations strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in building staff capacity in gender equity and equality.
- Experience cultivating relationships and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders, including young people, government entities, and donors, on a local, regional, and global level.
- Knowledge and proven experience in technical leadership, strategy development, and staff oversight and supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and capacity building skills including training, mentoring, and coaching skills.
- Spoken and written fluency in English required. Professional proficiency or higher in French preferred; other languages are a plus.
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on tendersglobal.net
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.