University of Tasmania
Apply now Job no:499311
Work type:Full time
Categories:Information Technology, Marketing & Communications
SEO and Experience Officer
- Support the development and execution of a robust SEO strategy
- Attract future students to the University through an exceptional digital experience
- Full time ongoing position based in Hobart or Launceston
About the opportunity
This position will play a vital role in supporting our web presence by implementing SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) strategies and providing technical assistance for web-related priorities. This includes involvement in supporting an effective SEO strategy, monitoring metrics, and helping share this with the broader team, to support customer design thinking as part of user experience development and implementation. This role will stay up-to-date and monitor emerging technologies and SEO trends, applying these where appropriate, providing technical SEO guidance as part of the development or changes to existing websites and digital channels. The role aims to optimise the organisation’s online visibility and user experience through informed SEO practices and technical expertise.
What you’ll do:
- Support SEO optimisation through collaborating with the digital marketing team to implement SEO best practices.
- Improve content management by supporting content updates, metadata optimisation, and ensuring web content aligns with SEO guidelines and user experience.
- Provide technical support to the web team to troubleshoot website issues and ensure website functionality and performance.
- Monitor web traffic and SEO performance using tools like Google Analytics and Search Console and prepares reports with actionable insights.
- Conduct keyword research to identify opportunities for content creation and optimisation and analyses competitor websites and SEO strategies to identify areas for improvement and differentiation.
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated SEO/ website experience and a passion for delivering digital solutions or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated experience in service design and experience using data and insights to identify opportunities and uplift service experience.
- Demonstrated ability to organise, plan and undertake website activities and investigations together with the ability to develop solutions to problems.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to liaise and negotiate efficiently with stakeholders and staff members across business areas to achieve agreement on consistent processes, practices and supporting systems.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 5 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $99,698 comprising base salary within the range of $76,302 to $85,212 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role
- Your responses to the Role Specific Skills, Knowledge, and Experience from the Position Description below
- For further information about this position, please contact Courtney Geritz, Director, Marketing, [email protected] or 03 6324 5499.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
- Please refer to the attached Position Description Below for full details.
Position Description – 499311 – SEO and Experience Officer.pdf
Applications close Tuesday, 21 November 2023, 11.55pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Advertised:07 Nov 2023 Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close:21 Nov 2023 Tasmania Daylight Time
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.