University of Sydney
- Full time 12 month fixed term position with a possibility of extension
- Utilise your expertise to implement engineering services and infrastructure initiatives
- Base Salary $104,663 – $107,754 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
Under the direction of Engineering Manager, the Services Engineer is responsible for implementing mechanical engineering services and infrastructure initiatives, providing professional advice to Projects and Facilities Management, performing services inspections on new and existing buildings, and liaising with external authorities and consultants concerning University engineering services matters. This position plays a significant role in championing the delivery of high-quality engineering services and infrastructure, sustainability projects, energy efficiency and life-cycle asset performance across the University.
The role also incorporates safety across projects, inspections and general work. The position will use their communication skills to discuss safety concerns, how they could be rectified, facilitating input from others and closing off the safety risks using frameworks, software and well thought out plans. Metrics are a key function of how the business operates so a good understanding of using metrics; developing visual graphs are critical to the role
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- work within the University Infrastructure Engineering Team
- ensure implementation of UI Design Standards on projects across large, medium, and small projects
- provide technical input and advice to projects and operations teams
- review of specifications, design documentation technical submittals and O&Ms
- ensure compliance with BCA, Australian and local standards
- provide engineering support for BMCS and metering systems
- perform building services inspections for project works
- support and implement engineering and sustainability initiatives.
- tertiary qualifications in Mechanical engineering discipline
- minimum of 4 years industry experience
- proven ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- skills, competence and experience in aspects of Building Services engineering, planning, design, construction, commissioning and operation and maintenance, including BCA and Australian Standard
- ability to compile, analyse, interrogate and the management of multiple data and information sources to enable problem solving, resolution and reporting
- proven expertise in the management of multiple projects/activities
- competence in using BMCS, Energy and Water Management Systems.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the reasons for the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People , women , people living with a disability , people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds , and those who identify as LGBTIQ . We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Victoria Ford-Rogers Recruitment Operations by email to [email protected]
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for
Tuesday 21 November 2023 11:59 PM
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.