Who are we?
AMIkids is a non-profit organization located in Farminghton, NM. Our organization is dedicated to helping youth develop into responsible and productive citizens.
The role of the Shift Supervisor provides leadership and supervision of the Direct Care Staff; to include development and performance management of their direct reports, scheduling and participate in recruiting process. Shift Supervisor is responsible for safe and secure operations of the program, ensuring staff are in compliance with contract requirements and local, state and federal requirements. Through effective leadership, motivate and guide team members and youth toward the successful accomplishment of established program goals and objectives.
Available Shifts: (12pm-10pm) or (10pm-8am)
Essential Job Duties
- Develop, coach and train team members in AMIkids’ mission, philosophy and ensure alignment with policies/procedures and the AMIkids Personal Growth Model ©,
- Assist with development of work schedules; ensure coverage is maintained within required ratios,
- Provide timely performance feedback to direct reports (positive and constructive); complete performance/evaluations and submit to ED for review, suggest applicable incentives and ensure development and growth opportunities are provided to direct reports,
- Supervise team members and youth in accordance with operational policies and procedures to ensure the safety and security of all; notify the proper leadership of any incidents that occur outside the parameters of the policies and procedures; perform duties in compliance with all terms and conditions of contractual agreements,
- Instruct youth in the general care and maintenance of facility and equipment; may supervise the safe handling of program property and equipment according to establish policies and procedures ensuring all appropriate safety measures and precautions are observed, e.g., marine vessels, vehicles, equipment,
- Supervisory responsibility related to a wide variety of academic, vocational, and motivational activities on and off campus,
- Serve as advisor and positive role model for youth in the program and team members,
- Communicate necessary information to appropriate team members and supervisors/directors,
- Effective use of the Behavior Modification System by providing redirection and coaching to youth,
- Prevent and intervene in youth altercations and incidents; refer advanced disciplinary issues to appropriate staff/personnel,
- May be required to dispense medication,
- Administer first aid and CPR during emergencies in accordance with national standards and conduct and practice emergency evacuation procedures;
- Assist in establishing desirable youth conduct and discipline; lead and/or participate in positive reinforcement, interdisciplinary and/or care review meetings,
- May be required to participate in day and/or overnight trips, special activities that involve recreational sports, and may require extended 16-hour workdays/24 hour on-call status,
- Attend and maintain appropriate crisis intervention and physical restraint training and certification as defined by state and contract requirements,
- Attend and maintain CPR and First Aid certification by nationally recognized organization,
- Operate institute vehicles as required in accordance with van policies and procedures,
- Attend all required training/professional development events and maintain all appropriate certifications and licenses,
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED required; Bachelor’s preferred,
- Minimum one years’ experience working with youth; preferably within the Juvenile Justice System,
- Six consecutive months experience in a supervisory role preferred,
- Be able to complete trainings outside the program when required (may need to travel to other locations).
What’s in it for you?
As well as gain an opportunity to make an exceptional difference in kids’ lives, AMIkids offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Growth opportunities – we pride ourselves on developing our leaders from within
- Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, & Prescription Drug plan options; Health Spending Account, Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Wellness Benefits – EAP, Health Coaching, Stress Management Programs, etc.
- Employer Funded Pension Plan, Voluntary 403(B) Retirement Plan, Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Pet Insurance, World Travel Assistance, Car Rental discounts, Gym Membership discounts, and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 – $36,600.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
- Must be at least 21 years old. Are you at least 21 years of age?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- youth care or Juvenile Justice System: 1 year (Required)
- supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.