January 12, 2023
The Grant Operations Officer works closely with colleagues in the Finance and Grant Operations Team and the Country Engagement & Policy (CEP) Team to ensure relevant, quality support to countries on GPE grants and identify and handle risks related to the implementation of the GPE financial support. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Support grant application and preparation process by reviewing program concept notes, draft results framework, M&E capacity, and implementation readiness of grants.
- Lead on grant extensions and restructuring/revision processes as required.
- Monitor grant implementation by reviewing progress reports and other types of reports, participating in portfolio review meetings with GPE grant agents, and by updating Secretariat’s monitoring tools with analytical and quantitative contents.
- Capture information as required for reporting purposes and provides timely data to other teams within the Secretariat on request.
- Support various grant related implementation processes by providing guidance on interpretation of policies.
- Provide overviews of implementation and grant funds utilization issues that input into discussions with grant agents.
- Gather data and conduct analysis as relevant and assigned for results framework indicators related to grant implementation.
- Contribute to the development and strengthening of existing/expanding knowledge management system.