Stony Brook University
Sleep Technologist-Sleep Disorders Center
At Stony Brook Medicine, a TH CTS Sleep Disorders Associate is a valuable member of our team, who provides clinical services to our patient population and performs comprehensive sleep testing and analysis. Greet and orient the patient to the Center, explain the procedures and what the patient should expect during the night of sleep test. Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior patient care and possess outstanding communication skills while adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties of a TH CTS Sleep Disorders Associate in the Sleep Disorders Center may include the following but are not limited to:
- Review and analyze H & P information, procedure request, and study protocol. Identify and meet special needs of patients such as physical/mental limitations, etc. Complete and verify documentation. Prepare and calibrate equipment, make necessary adjustments.
- Apply electrodes according to AASM standards. Perform physiologic calibrations to assure proper signals and make adjustments as necessary. Perform routine mask fitting for CPAP titration patients.
- Perform sleep testing following protocols. Make adjustments to the leads, and assist patients during the night as needed. Use age-appropriate interventions and education. Perform data acquisition while monitoring, make necessary adjustments to assure artifact-free signals. Document observations such as sleep stages, clinical events, changes in pressure, and other significant events. Implement appropriate interventions during the night including actions necessary for patient safety and therapeutic intervention. Implement appropriate interventions for patient safety.
- Score records using AASM protocols. Recommend and/or assist in procedures to enhance patient flow. Perform required data entry, routine equipment care and maintenance, and other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- If he/she is a Respiratory Care practitioner, the Technologist will be responsible for performance of blood gas analyses, setting and adjusting oxygen.
For Respiratory Therapists/ Respiratory Therapy Technicians
Required Qualifications: Valid NYS Respiratory Therapist or Respiratory Therapy Technician License. Valid CPR certification. Completion of an Associate’s degree in Respiratory Therapy. Registered respiratory therapist (RRT) eligible.
Preferred Qualifications: Valid NYS Respiratory Therapist License, Registered Polysomnographic Technologist certification (RPSGT) or Sleep Disorder Specialist (SDS). Bachelor’s Degree. Sleep Disorders testing experience running NPSG, PAP, and oxygen titration studies. Sleep study scoring experience.
For Polysomnographic Technologists
Required Qualifications: Candidate must be authorized as a Polysomnographic Technologist in New York State. Valid CPR certification. Sleep Disorders testing experience running Sleep Disorders testing: running NPSG, PAP, and oxygen titration studies.
Preferred Qualifications: Registered Polysomnographic Technologist certification (RPSGT). Associate’s degree or equivalent credits. Bachelor’s Degree. Sleep study scoring experience.
Special Notes : Resume/CV should be included with the online application. ** Salary is an estimate of the average salary for the title. Final offer will be contingent on the candidate being selected for the role and applicable experience.
In accordance with the New York State Department of Health (DOH) regulation that all hospitals and nursing homes “continuously require all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19,” Candidates who are not already partially vaccinated must obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of acceptance of conditional job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with the vaccine protocol Candidates who are partially vaccinated, but not yet fully vaccinated, must complete their vaccination series within three (3) calendar days of job offer or in accordance with vaccine manufacture protocol, whichever comes later.
The regulation also includes those who may be affiliated with or interact with employees of a hospital or nursing home. The regulation allows for limited exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
Posting Overview : This position will remain posted until filled or for a maximum of 90 days. An initial review of all applicants will occur two weeks from the posting date. Candidates are advised on the application that for full consideration, applications must be received before the initial review date (which is within two weeks of the posting date).
If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the position posted, additional applications will be considered for the posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and hired within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close for review, and possibly reposted at a later date.
- Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
- All Hospital positions maybe subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary.
- This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
- This function/position maybe designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine’s Employee Health Services*
- Complete electronic reference check with a minimum of three (3) professional references.
- Successfully complete a 4 panel drug screen*
- Meet Regulatory Requirements for pre employment screenings.
- Provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s).
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
*The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the University Office of Equity and Access at (631)632-6280.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here .
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Official Job Title: TH CTS Sleep Disorders Associate
: Sleep Lab
Department/Hiring Area: Sleep Disorders Center
:Night Shift Shift Hours: 6:30pm – 7:30am Sun/Mon/Tues Pass Days: Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Posting Start Date
: Jan 5, 2023
Posting End Date
: Apr 5, 2023, 11:59:00 PM
SBU Area:Stony Brook University Hospital
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.