- Position :Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) Trainers
- Desired start date: 26/11/2023
- Duration of the mission: 1 month
- Location: Idleb ( Jisr Alshughur and Aljanoudiyah)
- Vacancies: 1
POINT was established as NGO by a group of Diaspora humanitarian experts. As an NGO, the co-founders of POINT realized the crucial gaps between providing aid and the need for building the resilience of communities.
We believe at POINT that the best solutions to support the people in crisis should be by a quick transformation from rapid response to resilience method, as this approach within humanitarian operations is crucial to the first efforts of a community to recover, rise again, and start to use their capacity, starting from education and livelihood at the first stages, ending by early recovery and rehabilitation at later stages.
POINT works in many countries closely with civilians like IDPs, Refugees, Returnees, and host communities, In addition to the local initiatives, local NGOs, and INGOs. For that, POINT has organized to hire all needed experts, skills, and tools that are necessary for POINT mandate in resilience and organization development.
POINT always seeks to increase its geographical coverage areas in the world to reach the most vulnerable civilian groups and work with them hand in hand for a better sustainable life.
POINT is registered in Turkey as a non-profit organization, the HQ is in Gazianetp, and has missions in Iraq, and Syria.
Stabilized Civil Communities Socially and Economically.
To enhance the knowledge, abilities, and skills, of affected civilians and local actors by providing them with fundamental means and creating opportunities for a greater role in community stabilization.
Purpose the Position
To ensure the facts and details are correct so that the
project’s/program’s deliverable(s) will meet the needs of the stakeholders, legislation, policies,
standards, and best practices.
Reporting to: Field Project Coordinator
- Participate in the design and development of selection criteria and business assessment tools in consultation with the project management team.
- Conduct business assessment for the potential SMEs to be enrolled in the project activities.
- Select as part of the selection committee the high-growth SMEs run by high-impact business owners.
- Conduct business training for targeted SMEs.
- Develop business plans for potential SMEs including conducting market surveys and developing a detailed list of business developed requirements including raw materials, equipment, and machinery, and required technical/consultants support.
- Develop and review the Bill of Quantities of each business plan based on business needs, with detailed specifications for procurement issues.
- Review business plans prepared by business owners and ensured their soundness.
- Provide business coaching and mentorship services for potential SMEs
- Support business owners in the design and implementation of tailored growth plans/strategies for their enterprises.
- Develop and conduct training needs assessment activities including design of tools, reporting of results, and translation of findings.
- Design and develop required business manuals including both trainer and trainees’ manuals.
- Conduct business plans training and provide economic advice for existing business owners.
- Prepare training reports aligned with all required supporting documents.
- Support in Perform monitoring and evaluation activities of the managed project through data collection and documentation of their provided support.
- Help enterprises grow and diversify business services and product offerings.
- Contribute to Ensuring that the project achieves its developmental impact/objectives.
- Performing other required tasks within competence.
- Adhere to all point organization policies and abide by administrative orders and disciplinary procedures in the event of any violations.
- A pledge to abide by the zero-tolerance policy adopted by the Point organization in cases of sexual exploitation and abuse, and direct reporting in the event of any violation in this regard
Skills & Experience
- A working knowledge of project planning, monitoring, and reviews, budget planning, and management.
- At least 3 years experience in working on development within NGOs
- At least 2 years experience in conducting Training for entrepreneurship, empowerment of MSMEs (Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises), and participatory community development tools and methods.
- Excellent reporting and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of donors’ policies and procedures.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent in using online communication tools.
- Diploma in engineering, business administration, or a related field (preferably a bachelor’s degree). Or any certificates of formal training and experience.
- Certified TOT
How to apply
If you wish to apply for the job vacancy and join the Point organization team, please fill in your data correctly and accurately by clicking on the following link: