Area of research:
: Discover personalized medical solutions for environmentally triggered diseases to promote a healthier society in a rapidly changing world.
At our institute you will find a scientifically stimulating international environment. Together with renowned scientists and supported by an excellent infrastructure you will have the opportunity to make an important contribution for a healthier society.
The Communications and Public Affairs department is responsible for positioning the entire research center in the relevant target groups, developing and implementing communication measures with and for our outstanding researchers – through all channels, both internally and externally. In this way, we increase both the visibility of our scientific successes and the attractiveness of Helmholtz Munich as an employer and as a cooperation partner for other research institutions, university hospitals and companies. A variety of information services for interested laypersons complete our spectrum.
We are seeking a committed person for our department at the earliest possible date as
Social Media & Digital Communication Manager (f/m/x)101774
- To develop the social media strategy for our center and implement it in our channels. In particular, this includes the development and expansion of our social media platforms.
- To be involved in setting up a digital marketing strategy and to be responsible for (re-)targeting and managing our own campaigns, including analytics and reporting.
- To place our research topics in a channel- and target group-oriented and inspiring way.
- To align feed scheduling and content creation with the center’s strategy and brand.
- To know and analyze the latest social media trends and features, evaluate their relevance for the center, and derive recommendations for Helmholtz Munich.
- To act as contact person for social media internally, as well as in cooperation with other centers/institutions.
- To take responsibility for active community management.
- To network with our scientists and inspire them to embrace the possibilities of social media.
- To report live from selected events.
- To plan and organize digital marketing activities together with your colleagues. This includes, for example, Google Ad Words campaigns, social media advertising and SEO measures.
- You have a degree with a focus on communication, online marketing, journalism or science communication.
- You know the standard operating procedures for Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. and, ideally, have already developed advertising and social media strategies for companies or research organizations.
- You have at least three years of professional experience in marketing or agency environments and feel at home in online marketing.
- You love science and take great pleasure in preparing complex content for social media in an understandable and engaging way.
- You have very good editorial skills, have mastered storytelling for scientifically challenging content and have a good sense for visual implementation.
- You are well versed in current social media formats as well as the accompanying softwares such as image editing, CM, audio and video programs and metrics analysis for evaluating success.
- You are fluent in German and English.
- You are an independent, goal-oriented individual who likes to get things done and has a customer service mentality.
- You keep track of a large number of topics and have the ability to easily prioritize.
- You are a team player and adept at interacting with parties from a wide variety of backgrounds, disciplines and institutional levels.
What we offer you
flexible working hours & working-time models
continuous education and training
30 days annual leave
on-site health management service
home office options
on-site nursery & holiday care
elder care company pension scheme discounted public transport ticket
Provided that the prerequisites are fulfilled, a salary level up to E 13 is possible. Social benefits are based on the collective agreement for the federal public service (TVöD). The position is limited to 1 year as parental leave substitute.
To promote diversity, we welcome applications from talented people regardless of gender, cultural background, nationality, ethnicity, sexual identity, physical abilities, religion and age. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
If you have obtained a university degree abroad, we require further documents from you regarding the recognition of the degree.
Interested?If you have further questions, simply contact Verena Coscia, +49 89 3187-43902, who will be happy to be of assistance. Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstädter Landstraße 1
Total E-Quality Award for excellent gender equality policy for women and men: Helmholtz Munich is particularly committed to promoting professional equality between women and men. It therefore aims to increase the proportion of the underrepresented sex in the respective field. Helmholtz Munich is part of the Helmholtz Association, Germany’s largest scientific organization. Altogether 43.000 people currently work in its 18 scientific-technical and biological-medical research centers. The Association’s annual budget amounts to around 5 billion Euros.
This research center is part of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. With more than 42,000 employees and an annual budget of over € 5 billion, the Helmholtz Association is Germany’s largest scientific organisation.