EPFL, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs more than 6,000 people supporting the three main missions of the institutions: education, research and innovation. The EPFL campus offers an exceptional working environment at the heart of a community of more than 16,000 people, including over 12,000 students and 4,000 researchers from more than 120 different countries.
Your mission :
The EPFL Blue Brain Project (BBP), situated on the Campus Biotech in Geneva, Switzerland, applies advanced neuroinformatics, data analytics, high-performance computing and simulation-based approaches to the challenge of understanding the structure and function of the mammalian brain in health and disease. The BBP provides the community with regular releases of data, models and tools to accelerate neuroscience discovery and clinical translation through open science and global collaboration.
To strengthen our Software Engineering team, we are looking for a Software Trainer W/M.
Main duties and responsibilities include :
- Documents Blue Brain Project toolchain and graphical user interfaces in collaboration with the development teams
- Understands key software functions, features, and workflows to develop content for user documentation
- Collaborates with development teams to improve the usability
- Provides examples and tutorials for end users
- Leads or participates in workshops and tutorials on toolchain
- Collaborates with Quality Assurance team to assess and improve the quality of the toolchain
Essential skills and experience required :
- Scientific background using numerical computation
- Knowledge of Python
- Good team player and fluent English in speech and writing
- Neuroscientific background
- Knowledge in the scientific software stack
- Experienced using Linux operating systems
- Experienced with issue tracking products (Jira or others)
- Bachelor’s degree in Scientific discipline or equivalent experience
We offer :
- A world-recognized leader in simulation-based research in neuroscience
- An internationally visible and rising project in simulation-based research in neuroscience using supercomputers
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, international and collaborative working environment committed to benefitting the global community
- A modern working environment, based at the Biotech Campus in Geneva Sécheron
Start date :
as soon as possible
Term of employment :
Work rate :
1 year, renewable
Only candidates who applied through EPFL website or our partner Jobup’s website will be considered. Files sent by agencies without a mandate will not be taken into account.
Job Nb 2753
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.