The Arc Rockland
Prime Time for Kids is looking for a Part-Time Speech & Language Pathologist or CFY
Prime Time for Kids is a small special education preschool for children with disabilities. Our dedicated team is comprised of educators and clinicians who are committed to providing our students with a caring and structured learning environment that values social, emotional, academic, physical, and behavioral growth.
Primary responsibilities for the SLP/CF include direct service and CPSE evaluations. The SLP/CF must be organized, energetic, independent, collaborative, and able to communicate effectively with colleagues. As a member of the interdisciplinary team, the SLP/CF will ensure mandated services are provided and students are working towards achieving their goals and objectives. The SLP/CF will partner with the Coordinator of Speech and Language, classroom staff and other therapists.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication Disorders
- Master’s degree in Speech and Language Pathology
Previous experience working with students
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC)
- Current NYS Department of Education License as either (a) Teacher of Speech and Hearing Handicapped (TSHH) or (b) Teacher of Students with Speech and Language Disabilities (TSSLD)
- Active Membership in American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Conducts various tests to evaluate speech and language status of student. Analyzes test results and prepares written summary for presentation to Health Department, School District, DDSO, or other regulatory, referring or oversight organization with responsibility for treatment planning for students
- Plans and conducts speech language interventions, therapies and treatments
- Implements testing procedures to evaluate and monitor participant progress following stated treatment period as required by appropriate regulatory agency. Provides written report of results to appropriate management personnel
- Assesses oral motor development and ability to intake food orally and develops a treatment plan appropriate to identified disabilities, subject to professional licensure requirements established by respective funding source
- Provides therapy progress reports to parents/guardians or appropriate treatment team members. Meets and communicates with parents regularly in writing or verbally, as required
- Supervises student interns and SLPs in Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY) as needed
The Arc Rockland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Arc Rockland strives to create and maintain a work environment in which people are treated with dignity, decency, and respect, providing everyone with an equal opportunity to thrive. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the unique perspectives and contributions of all of our employees – a workplace where every employee is able to bring their whole self to work.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 – $35.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Special education school
- Master’s (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.