GOODWILL INDUSTRIES OF TULSA, INC
Goodwill Industries of Tulsa, Inc. provides work opportunities, job training and support services for people with disabilities or other employment barriers.
This is a BIG opportunity for a self-starter. Are you an innovator, entrepreneurial and creative? Do you think and react like an owner? Do you have the self-confidence and self-assurance as well as the experience, knowledge, and organizational skills to build from the ground up? This is your opportunity!
Join Goodwill Industries of Tulsa, headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Our territory includes 25 counties in eastern Oklahoma and 2 counties in southwestern Missouri. We currently operate 12 retail stores and 30 donation centers. We are fully mission integrated, with 477 employees and a revenue budget of $25 million for 2022. Our plans for growth include building a strong E-Commerce operation to support the mission.
Knowledge of the Thrift Industry is a plus. This is a full-time, salaried position eligible for benefits after 60 days.
Why should you consider living in Tulsa, Oklahoma?
- Metro population of about 1 million people
- Strong sense of community
- Great public and private school systems and plenty of youth activities
- Very diverse area
- Low cost of living and affordable housing
- Many recreational and sports activities
- Thriving entertainment industry
- Variety of outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, bicycling, walking trails, and public parks
Check out the following websites to learn more about Tulsa.
- 25 Things You Should Know About Tulsa tendersglobal.net Mental Floss: https://tinyurl.com/25thingsabouttulsa
- 50 things we’re loving about Tulsa this year tendersglobal.net Tulsa World: https://tinyurl.com/50tulsathings
Are you intrigued, curious, attracted or inspired by this opportunity? Submit your resume and cover letter through Indeed or at goodwilltulsa.org/jobs.
This position is responsible for the management, accuracy, and reporting of all data at Goodwill Industries of Tulsa, Inc. including, but not limited to, POS, production, donations, accounting, and mission-related data.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Produce high quality SQL designs and code that are performant, intuitive, and secure.
- Produce Business Intelligence reports that add business value.
- Be aware of the data from a business perspective, understand how it’s represented to different consumers, know when it doesn’t smell right, and proactively investigate possible anomalies.
- Work with vendors and business stakeholders to develop and orchestrate plans for correcting erroneous data and preventing it in the future.
- Develop code for ingestion of vendor and partner data feeds.
- Mentor others regarding schema, data definitions, and data usage.
- Work with vendors to understand and maintain packaged databases and data feeds.
- Continually build your own skill sets and capabilities.
- Reviews and is familiar with Company safety policies, programs and procedures. and adheres to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes, and attends safety training sessions and safety meetings.
- Excellent programming skills writing stored procedures, queries, views, user-defined functions, cursors, and common table expressions using T-SQL.
- Experience writing and maintaining ETL processes using SQL Server Integration Services (“SSIS”)
- Proficiency in Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse environment implementing Operational Data Stores and “Data Marts”.
- Proficient at presenting analyses, trends, and measures using Microsoft Power Bl.
- Ability to create normalized entities and know when it is appropriate to de-normalize.
- Ability to work independently or in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and present solutions to all levels of management (including executive levels).
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems with minimal direction.
- Interact effectively and patiently with customers especially while under pressure.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees.
- Work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously to meet project deadlines.
- Provide production and Service Desk support to ensure stability and efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License, with a good driving record.
- Must maintain appropriate requirements for legal vehicle operation including current automobile insurance and license plate.
- Must be eligible for favorable outcome on required criminal conviction background check.
- Must maintain Goodwill’s Drug-Free Workplace.
- Goodwill considers this a safety sensitive position because it includes tasks or duties that Goodwill reasonably believes could affect the safety and health of the employee or others.
Bachelor’s Degree in Database Management, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field. Knowledge of Financial, HRI POS, and CSM domains. Experience working with vendor provided, OLTP database schemas. Certification(s) in Microsoft SQL Server. Minimum two (2) years’ experience: designing and managing SQL Server databases.
Talking, hearing stooping, crouching, reaching, handling, touching, seeing and accommodation.
Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling: Light Work – Lifting 25 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job is included in this category when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree, or when it involves sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling or arm and/or leg controls.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Goodwill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and service provider for all individuals, including those with disabilities. Goodwill does not discriminate against any person, but rather bases all employment decisions on an individual’s demonstrated, job-related ability, skill, and knowledge. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all without regard to mental or physical disability, genetic information of any individual or of his/her family, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age, or veteran status. Equal opportunity is also provided in assignments, training, compensation, transfers, promotions, classification, referral, benefit programs, and discharge.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.