Sun River Health
Sun River Health provides the highest quality of comprehensive primary, preventative, and behavioral health services to all who seek it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay, especially for the underserved and vulnerable. Sun River Health is a Federally Qualified, Non-Profit Health Center serving communities in Suffolk, Rockland, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, Columbia, NYC and Westchester County. Sun River Health is currently seeking a full-time Staff Accountant, located at our Executive office in Peekskill, NY.
The Staff Accountant reports to the Assistant Controller, participates in the month-end close process, maintains GL accounts and business transactions of the organization applying General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) ensuring all transactions are reasonable, appropriate and comply with operational policies and procedures.
- Processing of monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed asset depreciation and recording adjusting journal entries.
- Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports per program, site and/or department.
- Perform general account analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, long-term debt, etc.
- Answers Accounting/Finance questions by researching and interpreting data
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and other reporting requirements.
- Assist in budget and forecasting processing, including cash flow impact
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s, etc.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ownership of work with attention to detail.
- Team player with excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
Experience in grant or fund accounting a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Several years of relevant experience
- Audit and/or Not-For-Profit accounting a plus
Sun River Health is a network of over 40 Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) providing primary, dental, pediatric, OB-GYN, and behavioral health care to over 245,000 patients annually. With a dedicated staff of 2,000 doctors, nurses, and health care professionals, we pride ourselves on delivering high-quality, affordable care to those who need it most. Sun River Health started in 1975 when four African American mothers spearheaded efforts to open our first health center in Peekskill, New York to deliver accessible, high-quality, affordable services to patients in need no matter their race, religion, income, or insurance status. Today, after 45 years of service, Sun River Health is still delivering on that promise to communities across the Hudson Valley, New York City, and Long Island.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $53,000.00 – $67,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Peekskill, NY 10566: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Please note that this a full time M-F position that sits in our Executive Office in Peekskill, NY. This position starts at $53K annually and can increase with experience and or certifications. Please indicate your desired starting salary.
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- CPA (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.