Wilkinson & Company LLP
Do you imagine yourself in an organization where you honestly feel that you are making a difference; doing work that is interesting and challenging? Are you a talented CPA frustrated by a piecework approach to accounting? Then you should seriously consider a career at Wilkinson & Company LLP.
Our holistic approach fosters initiative, confidence and professional growth. As an accountant at Wilkinson you are responsible for all aspects of the engagement and are encouraged to develop long term meaningful relationships with your clients. In a supportive and collaborative atmosphere you will gain experience in all facets of the industry from financial reporting and assurance, to tax planning and compliance; enabling you to remain versatile, engaged and grow professionally.
As Eastern Ontario’s leading regional accounting firm, we serve a broad range of industries and not-for-profit organizations providing our staff with extensive experience as well as interesting and challenging work.
Who We Are:
We offer a small firm feel with the opportunity for work-life balance yet our staff, resources, and technical knowledge could rival any national firm. Wilkinson & Company LLP continues to grow and prosper; we are leaders in our field and committed to service excellence. We work as a team, for the firm, our clients, and for each other. At Wilkinson & Company LLP you will be given every opportunity to reach your full potential and enjoy a rewarding and prosperous career.
Why Work for Wilkinson:
- Opportunity for flexible, compressed or modified work weeks!
- Paid overtime including the opportunity to take up to 2 weeks per year off in lieu of overtime payment!
- Fridays off – 8 days between July 1 and Labour Day!
- Opportunity to take summers off unpaid (June 30 to September 1)!
- Comprehensive benefits plan!
- Future leadership opportunities!
In this position, you will be working closely with our team of enthusiastic and skilled accounting professionals to provide high quality work and personal service to a wide variety of clients and industries.
Reporting to Partners and Managers, you will be responsible for:
- Independently, or under supervisor, preparing financial statements, and working papers for audit engagements.
- Independently preparing financial statements and working papers for review and compilation engagements.
- Preparing corporate and personal income tax returns.
- CPA or CPA, CA designation (or working towards).
- Two or more years of progressive development and experience in a public accounting firm is an asset.
- Innovative and strategic thinker; skilled at time management and report writing.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with team members.
- Ability to learn new programs quickly.
We thank all applicants for your interest in working for Wilkinson & Company LLP. Only those applicants who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
In order to meet our social/physical distancing requirements interviews will be conducted via phone or through virtual programs such as Zoom.
Accommodations will be provided to applicants to enable equitable participation in the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Belleville, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.