International Rice Research Institute
The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through rice science; improving the health and welfare of rice farmers and consumers; and protecting the rice-growing environment for future generations. IRRI is an independent, nonprofit, research and educational institute, founded in 1960 by the Ford and Rockefeller foundations with support from the Philippine government. The institute, headquartered in Los Baños, Philippines, has offices in 17 rice-growing countries in Asia and Africa, and over 1,000 staff.
Working with in-country partners, IRRI develops advanced rice varieties that yield more grain and better withstand pests and disease as well as flooding, drought, and other harmful effects of climate change.
Under the minimal supervision of the Deputy Head Strategic Finance, the Strategic Finance Specialist is responsible in the development and improvement of all Finance processes and conduct a variety of quantitative and qualitative analysis to support the development and reporting of Greenhouse Gas (GHG). Work with various stakeholders in finance projects and continuous improvement initiatives, from conceptualization and planning to execution and evaluation. Review, calculate and propose updated standard cost in line with the HRS’ latest policy on pay scale and benefits entitlements. Maintain and monitor personnel funding (FTE) to provide accurate report on the Institute’s personnel analysis.
This is an individual contributor role for an intermediate-level position.
This position will be based at the IRRI Headquarters, Los Baños, Philippines and may only be filled by permanent citizens of the Philippines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and improve all reports pertaining to budget, actual and forecast for Management and internal stakeholders
- Plan and execution of certain finance projects, and mobilizing project team members
- Evaluate projects to ensure they are meeting company standards, adhere to budgets, and meet deadlines
- Conduct a variety of quantitative and qualitative analyses to support the development of GHG accounting
- Analyses the availability of funding and provides recommendation for approval of the requests for contract extensions, replacements and new staff positions
- Maintain, review, monitor and analyze individual staffs’ Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) and its funding movement in order to provide an accurate report to payroll, human resources, and other stakeholders
- Work with Finance Controller and Finance project team member for the planning and execution of new processes, workflows, reports, and dashboard
- Coordinate with Management Information System Unit (MIS) in developing/improving internal reports on budget, actual and forecast for Management and internal users
- Oversee the development of the project and ensure that team members are carrying out their tasks efficiently
- Educate the internal users such as Cost Center Heads, Platform Leaders and BUS owners to comprehend the financial reports
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals to support business development for GHG accounting
- Work closely with Human Resources Services (HRS) for the latest pay scale and benefits; identify issues/concerns on staff cluster and platform, appointment duration, complete list of active staff; and management plan for vacant positions and renewal. Ensure confidentiality on the data provided
- Coordinate with Proposal units and Reporting Units for the staff monitoring, updating of full time equivalent (FTE) and month-end closing
- to Payroll Unit the accurate full time equivalent (FTE) for salaries and benefits monthly allocation
- Document the project’s creation, development, and execution as well as the project’s scope, budget, and justification
- Delivery of project objectives as defined in specific projects or initiatives
- Facilitation of meetings and mobilizing Project Team members
- Draft new and improving the existing project management office policies and processes
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis to support the development and reporting of Greenhouse Gas (GHG)
- Prepare clear and compelling reports, presentations of analyses, and recommendations for stakeholders
- Create personnel budget specific reports, spreadsheets, and staff funding (FTE) as requested by internal users and management
- Maintain and monitor budgetary records of personnel in the database and ensure that all positions are properly accounted, correct classification of staff based on appointment category, platform, and appointment duration
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, with at least 5 years working experience in accounting, financial management, budgeting, project management or related field
- Experience in managing multiple projects at a time, and prioritizing in order to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with climate change reporting frameworks (e.g. GHG Protocol, etc.)
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Works independently and on schedule
- Attention to detail and quality
- Self-motivation and problem-solving skills
- Strong planning and organizing, ability to see the big picture
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Glasgow or Remote – Business Development Executive, Clients & MarketsDentonsGlasgowGlasgow
Trainee IT Consulting (m/w/d)Noris networkNürnberg, BayernNürnberg, Bayern
Business Management AnalystUnited Nations Development Programme (UNDP)New York, NYNew York, NY
Asistente de FinanzasDanish Refugee CouncilColombiaColombia