The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy is the United States’ first professional graduate school of international affairs. Since 1933, Fletcher’s multi-disciplinary education in international relations, law, and business, has prepared the world’s leaders to become innovative problem-solvers in government, the private sector, and non-governmental organizations.
The primary aim of The Fletcher School is the same as it was when conceived by its founders in 1933: to offer a broad program of professional education in international relations to a select group of graduate students committed to maintaining the stability and prosperity of a complex, challenging and increasingly global society. Our mission remains (a) To educate professionals from around the world and to prepare them for positions of leadership and influence in the national and international arenas; (b) To increase understanding of international problems and concerns through teaching, research and publications; and (c) To serve local, national and international communities in their search to develop relationships of mutual benefit, security and justice in an increasingly interdependent world.
What You’ll Do:
The Strategic Initiatives Officer plays a critical role in sourcing, analyzing, and developing new partnerships and initiatives that will advance the educational mission and strategic goals of The Fletcher School. Works closely with The Fletcher School Executive Associate Dean, Dean, faculty members, and staff on the implementation of the school’s operational plan, as well as other strategic initiatives. Drives strategic planning and programming, shepherding special projects, and managing relationships across the university.
- Provides leadership and support to the School’s senior leadership team in facilitating, managing and implementing key strategic initiatives
- Identifies appropriate benchmarks and deliverables around strategic priorities, monitoring workflow, and tracking progress to verify activities are running smoothly and appropriate follow-up actions are taken to achieve timely and successful completion. May maintain meeting minutes to confirm clarity among participants and ensures action items are executed
- Utilizes data to inform strategy development and ensures metrics of success (KPIs) are part of the implementation design along with a process for reporting
- Identifies and includes cross school stakeholders with regards to strategic initiatives and ensures there is knowledge and coordination around particular initiatives so that the School can leverage and maximize its efforts
- Drives special projects or initiatives from inception to implementation that meet The Fletcher School’s short-term objectives and long-term strategic vision; creates processes to streamline management
- Acts as a strategic thought partner to the EAD in all areas of their job. Provides direct support to the EAD, regularly revisiting strategic priorities and evaluating progress
- Partners and develops strong working relationships across The Fletcher School and Tufts University to enable leadership success
- Produces high quality reports and presentations for University and external audiences
What We’re Looking For:
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through completion of Master’s degree and 5-7 years of work experience
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, project-management, and problem-solving skills
Excellent communication skills – especially the ability to write, compile reports, presentations, speeches, etc. that are well pitched to purpose and audience
- Ability to think strategically and lead initiatives
- Ability to demonstrate a high-level of diplomacy in persuading and influencing a wide variety of people at various levels to achieve results
- Engaging interpersonal skills; ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community Experience with anticipating needs, taking initiative, working independently or collaboratively as needed, and handling multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and works well under pressure, demonstrating persistence, perseverance, and integrity
- Ability to manage a wide range of sensitive issues that require confidentiality and discretion
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management
- Education/Experience: 3-5 years of experience in higher education
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.